Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




January 7, 2011

Week 1 of 2011

First of all, is anyone else having as much trouble as I am writing 2011 on everything? It is just insane. I keep having to double check that I've actually written the correct date.

I am glad to say my first week of the new year has gotten off to a good start. I've worked out every day this week, changed up my workouts a bit, stayed organized and used good time management, went to bed at a good time and got some good sleep. (Well, except for Tuesday night when Cooper woke up at three in the morning and was bawling his eyes out. I really do think babies can have nightmares too.) I did good with my meal planning and my goal to stay ahead of the laundry by doing one load of laundry a day. I've tried to be diligent about taking a little quiet time each day to just relax. This week has felt great.

One thing I've put off doing is cleaning out our closet by the front door. It is stuffed with coats, the vacuum, toys, boardgames, and who knows what else. You know when you can barely get the door closed and it looks like those parts in movies where everything is going to come flying out at you that it is due for a clean up. For Christmas we received four new puzzles and board games and they've been sitting on my dining room table needing a place to go since Christmas. So, they need a home and the closet needs to be tamed. Maybe I can get to it if I'm really brave today!

Well, I am glad that it is Friday and I am ready for the weekend. I am looking forward to:
A.) Pizza
B.) Riley cleaning out the garage
C.) Getting started on a few little projects
D.) Watching some new Netflix movies

Have a fun weekend!

5 comments:

PRP said...

Sounds like a great start to a great year. I'm hoping next week is a bit more like this for me!

Cathy said...

I laughed when I read about the closet. that is our closet, and that is my goal for this week that I have not yet accomplished. I have to tuck the coats in and hurry quick shut the door to get it to close. Good luck :)

Anonymous said...

I made a pretty bed today so that is my success. Doesn't matter how big or small the project, its still an accomplishment that makes you feel progress. I am so, so, so so happy its Friday. More than anything, I wish you a healthy weekend Sarah!:)

tharker said...

Umm, are you sure you're not talking about my front closet??

So glad you've had a good start to the new year!!

Kris said...

I love your blogging profile picture. Closets are always crammed full of stuff here too. I hope that you were able to enjoy the pizza, movies, a clean garage, and getting your projects done. Yay for the weekend! K, I miss you! :)