It's Friday, thank heavens. Today didn't get off to the best start. I just hate starting the day grouchy with kids crying, and everyone rushing around, but at least by 8:30 or so it is semi quiet and back to normal. Even though I was tired last night, I'm glad I cleaned up the house really good before bed because at least I didn't have to worry about that this morning. Nothing is worse than being grouchy AND having a messy house. Although it doesn't take very long around here for things to look like a tornado came through.
We are starting to enter the really destructive stage with Cooper and Kale. I can't believe they are 14 months old! They like to push the bar stools and dining chairs all over the house. They like to pull out every last toy from the toy box. They LOVE to get their hands on anything they can pull out of the kitchen cupboards and I will literally catch them throwing things over their shoulders in their haste to clean everything out. And they really love to pretend they are cleaning things. What is it with my kids? Why can't they love to clean as much as they get older? Cooper and Kale will take the extra bottle brush around the house and "scrub" things. They will grab a dish towel and wipe down the walls and the fridge or any other surface. They fight tooth and nail with each other over who can push the broom around and then they will take the dust pan and act like they are emptying it in the garbage. I tell Riley I think it is because that is what they see me doing most of the day. They both have a great sense of humor and fun little personalities, but are big momma's boys and super clingy. I think they resort to screaming and crying a lot to be heard and noticed over all of the other noise sometimes. It can be a bit much some days, but I persevere for the good moments and the fun times.
Kendle has her first basketball game tomorrow which should be fun. She is loving it and practices her dribbling and bounces every day. Their coach told them she wanted them doing so many "bounces" a day or something like that and so Kendle is taking it seriously. I am kind of surprised she is loving it so much. Her coach is great and she is learning a lot. They had a little scrimmage at practice last night and Riley said she did good and was really hustling. Morgan is wishing he could be playing too. He gets his little basketball out and shoots hoops into the toy box or laundry basket. It is going to be a long wait for him to get to play sports. He is a natural and a little speed demon so we might have to try and find some pee-wee sports for him after he turns 4 in June. This kid has skills!
Well, I think after a long week of work, practices, and school we are all ready for a break. It's Friday - Pizza and a movie night!
January 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I'm sure Morgan will be great at whatever sports he does. what is it with brooms? Mine "sweep" too. Buggs me like crazy! Oh well, maybe it'll stick and they'll do it when they get older...maybe?..
MMM..pizza and movie...sounds good.
Sooo cute that your twins are "cleaners". They are so freakin' adorable!
I imagine that Kendle is quite the athlete. I think she is such a fun, spunky girl.
HOpe the weekend is great. I'm glad its Friday too. It's been one of those weeks.
I agree why can't they keep up the cleaning when they get older. I'm signing Peyton up for scaled down soccer class at Parks & Rec for the Spring. They also do a basketball one in the winter. Morgan would have fun.
I don't know if they still have Little Kickers (indoor soccer at Life Quest field) right over by you guys, but caleb did that for a couple years when he was too little to do anything else (I think he was 3). And it's indoors!! I know you guys are already crazy busy, but just a thought. I'm signing Drays up for swim on Friday mornings so that he has something that is 'his very own' to do instead of getting dragged around everywhere for Caleb's stuff ;)
Happy Weekend.
What to do, what to do.....NOTHING sounds good to me after this week! Okay so that won't happen so I'll just shoot for as little as possible. :)
Thank goodness for Friday night pizza and a movie! You deserve it for sure!
Post a Comment