So, I have been feeling really blah lately. I've been sick for the last week or so and it's pretty much zapped any motivation or extra energy I might have had in reserves. It's pretty much just completely wiped me out. I'm soooo tired and I feel like I'm just dragging and moving in slow motion every where I go. I keep coughing up nasty junk and my ears feel like they are plugged. Today is the most fitting cloudy and overcast/slightly rainy day to match my mood and I felt like mother nature was giving me the silent ok to just bring it down a notch or two and take it easy.
Kendle had her first softball practice last night and she said it was fun. Her coach seems like a good guy and really enthusiastic so I'm taking this all as a good sign. The practices are right during dinner time however, so our meals will become even more erratic than they already are. Between that and Riley not getting home until 9:30 or so most nights I usually wonder why I bother. This is the time of year when easy quick meals are a regular thing. I love softball season though, and I love it even more when it's actually warm outside. Kendle asked me last night if she could start going running before school. At first I was like, are you really my daughter? Ha. Then I thought, hmmm...maybe that would be good for us to go do it together and I could get my runs out of the way in the morning. I don't know though, my warm bed feels pretty comfortable to me in the mornings. They've been working on passing their times tables at school and she was so glad when she passed her "All's" which is a big worksheet of 100 multiplication problems of all the different numbers. Now they are moving on to fractions and I'm kind of not really fond of fractions, so we'll see how much help I can actually be to her.
Morgan rotates through movies and has a new favorite every week. This week it has been "Ratatouille". I'm not sure why all of a sudden he likes it because I had been trying for a while to get him to watch it, but it's now in permanent rotation. Morgan got to travel with Riley to Seattle last weekend for soccer and got totally spoiled with tons of attention from all the girls on the team, swimming in the pool, tons of yummy treats and snacks, and the whole back of the car and the DVD player to himself. He is still a momma's boy when he wants to be, but is getting pretty independent as well and likes to keep a pretty precise day-to-day schedule just like he has since he was a baby. He is getting more particular about how he likes things however and we have been having some tantrums and meltdowns the last few weeks. In his mind no doesn't mean no, it means keep bugging mom until she eventually can't stand listening to me anymore and gives in just to get me off her back. I have to remember to really just stop and listen to him sometimes, because that's all he really wants is for someone to hear what he is saying and give him a response back. He is still loving preschool and can say the whole Pledge of Allegiance and it sounds so cute.
Cooper and Kale are growing up so fast. They run, jump, climb, push, shove, fight, throw, and get into anything they can. They are 17 months now. Some days I feel like I can't take a step forwards or backwards without stepping on them because they tag team me like shadows and are always right where I am. Sometimes it is really frustrating, and other times it just makes me laugh. I try to make sure and get down on their level to play at least once or twice during the day so they can look into my face without craning their necks. They love to act like they are going to give me a big hug or kiss and then reach up and pinch my nose at the last second. Their eyes literally gleam with mischief. Cooper can have some major attitude when he's mad at me and actually stomped to his room backwards (looking at me the whole way) and slammed the door the other day. I got some good chuckles out of that and every time I think about it. He has learned to give a great high five though. Kale is still the more sensitive of the two and loves to come try and brush or comb my hair. He also likes to run up and give hugs. They may still look a lot alike, but their personalities are very distinct and different. Such fun boys they are though, I just wish they liked to play with regular toys instead of plug ins and chords and the computer.
Riley is still the busiest guy I know. I hardly see him these days between all that he has going on. It will be such a relief to us when his club season is over and we can have one less thing on our plate. His sales job with Sprague has been really demanding and busy the last month or so and while that is a great thing, it also means a crazy amount of traveling or going back into work after or between soccer practices to stay caught up.
This month is a busy one with birthdays, games, Easter, and school activities. Lot's to do and stay caught up with.
April 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Life is crazy for you Sarah. Loved this update. Oh boy, what will you do when Soccer is done? I can't wait to hear about Kendle's Softball season. I'm sure she'll have a blast, with hopefully no one going to the ER!
Post a Comment