Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




April 28, 2011

Swirling Thoughts

I have not had much mind to blog lately. I've had an unlucky cycle of being sick the last few weeks and have a sinus infection that's put me in a fog the last few days. Lots and lots of thoughts swirling around in my head, but not sure if they are things to share or not. Life has been pretty hectic and seems it will stay that way until June or so. I failed to take any pictures of our family dressed up on Easter, we had planned on doing family pictures last weekend as well with my photographer sister home, but the wind and weather made it impossible. Maybe we can try for a do-over this Sunday. I feel bad for not taking and posting more pictures of the kids since they are growing up so fast. Hopefully I can do better at that the next little while, although the twins make it their personal goal to make it as big of a challenge for me as possible.

Tuesday I celebrated my 31st birthday and while I can't say I was particularly excited to be a year older, I can say that it felt good to know that I like the place that I am at in my life right now. Riley and I had to laugh about just how much effort it takes to spend time together these days. He wanted to take me out to dinner, which meant we had to go pretty early since he had soccer practice at 7:00. So we dropped the kids off at their favorite babysitter's house at 4:30, went to dinner, picked the kids up at 6:00, and then headed back to Pasco so Riley could get his car and change to go to practice. Then I went and took the kids to get something for them to eat for dinner, got the kids fed, homework done, house cleaned up and everyone in their jammies and ready for bed, then Riley's mom came to sit with the kids while they were asleep so we could catch a late show of "Water for Elephants".  Kind of a crazy day, but fun nonetheless. It is hard sometimes to find the time, but it's worth it. We are kind of just hopelessly exhausted these days and we are lucky if we can stay up at night to talk to each other without passing out during American Idol.

Cooper and Kale had a doctor's appointment last Monday and are still right on track with being almost the same size. They are almost 18 months and about 28 pounds, getting taller and thinning out a little. They are already starting to lose some of the chubbiness and roundness in their little faces and that makes me sad. They are still doing everything together, and are both teething again this week. Even though I know they do things like this, it still always gives me a laugh and a sense of wonderment when I look in their mouths and see the same exact tooth trying to come through. I hate to give them labels at this age for fear it will unknowingly brand them for life, but Cooper is definitely the mastermind mischief maker at this point in time, and Kale is still the hugger and the love bug. I always think back to how I carried them when I was pregnant and how Kale was the one that was up higher by my ribs and side of my back like he was trying to be as close to me as possible and didn't want to let go, and Cooper was the first born - head down ready to go and get out and be part of the world.

I think out of everyone, Riley has had the best week. On my birthday he made a BIG sale at work and their high school team also moved into first place in their league. Lots of good stuff happening. We have some fun outdoor projects to get started on soon and lots of softball and soccer to keep us busy this weekend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was out of town and out of touch...HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you a little late. I'm glad you were able to get creative and find some time for you {and Riley}. :)