This week we had two games for Kendle. Her game on Monday night was very cold and windy. ( I read somewhere that the weather is supposed to be cooler than normal this month). She is hitting so much better now and really knocked a few hard. Wednesday we had much better weather and the girls didn't have to worry about wearing lots of layers of clothes, some were even in shorts. Kendle had another really powerful hit and some good plays that almost made some outs. Their team is improving a lot and Kendle is having lots of fun with it. It is funny to hear them do the one cheer they know, over and over again. We are liking the week night games and having our Saturdays free.
{Kendle's playing catcher.}
Rileys high school team played Kamiakin on Tuesday night. It was another freezing cold and windy night at Lampson stadium. The game would decide if Southridge would be out-right league champions or share the title and be co-champions with Pasco. So needless to say, there was a lot on the line which just added to the heated rivalry between the two teams. It was a very crazy game, I've never seen so many yellow cards handed out and one of the refs lost his composure and grabbed one of our players, but ultimately the Suns pulled off a 3-0 victory to become Southridge's 1st ever boys soccer league champs. Pretty exciting, emotional, and satisfying for everyone present and who has been involved with the program. A lot of the younger players have really stepped up and proved themselves. Now we are waiting to see who they will be playing next week for their first playoff game. This has been one of the worst years for injuries as well with three players out. Even though they can kind of be knuckleheads (like most teenagers) Riley is really proud of these guys.

Morgan this week has been loving the sunshine and getting dirty outside. He thinks that it is hot enough to start turning on the water and trying to get wet. Really, then all that happens is that he gets covered in dirt and grass and turns into a walking mud pile. But I love him anyways. He always asks to have zip lock bags so he can collect and keep his treasures from outside. We currently have a bag of grass and a big stick sitting on the kitchen counter that "must be kept safe". At preschool yesterday they painted cute flower pots with a flower planted inside for their moms. He was so proud to bring that home and have me show everyone. He keeps running around shouting "Happy Mother's Day" at random moments.
The twins have been loving the nice weather as well. I've been opening up the sliding door and letting them go play and they love to go in and out and are amazed I'm giving them some freedom. Mostly, they love to dig in the rocks and I just cross my fingers that they don't eat too many. Something new they've been doing is when they find random things on the ground (which happens often because my floor needs to be swept a gazillion times a day) they'll pick it up and bring it to me and say "Uh oh". It's cute because they think they are helping me by picking it up and then I tell them to go throw it in the trash. They are also starting to get the doodling/drawing bug and wanting to scribble on anything they can get their hands on. I better stock up on some Magic Eraser's.
This week I've been battling a horrible cough that just won't go away. I'm going to try and get in to the doctor this afternoon and see if they can help me. I don't think I've ever coughed so hard in my life and my back and ribs are so sore. I feel like once I get going I can't stop. It's been pretty hard to get some sleep this week and I'm really glad it's Friday and today is a laid back relaxed day. I just got a new book I'd been waiting for in the mail and I'm looking forward to a fun weekend and hopefully getting some more yard work done. I've been needing to plant some flowers in my pots and do all of those type of things that I usually have done by now. I just don't want the wind to come along and tear them to shreds! Last year it was warmer and most of my flowers were already blooming. I did look the other day and I have some big peony buds that are waiting to blossom, so those will be pretty. They get really huge. Hopefully we can get our broken play set taken down this weekend and get working on our fire pit area we're going to replace it with.
Well, I'm hoping for Mother's Day all my children will be obedient, get along with each other, and just be overall good. A mom can dream right?
Happy Mother's Day Weekend everyone!



5 comments:
Happy mothers day! The kids will most likely have their moments but enjoy the in between as much as you can.
Happy Mother's Day Sarah :) you are a very good one...
Congrats to Riley and his team!
Kendle sounds like such a natural athlete! Good for her!!
How exciting for Riley and his team! It makes braving the wind and cold totally worth it, I bet.
I love your stories about Morgan, he sounds like the sweetest little guy and reminds me so much of Josh when he was little. All boy. All mess. All loves. All the time.
I hope your Mother's Day is a great one, Sarah!
I am so excited for Riley's team. That is so awesome. Probably even a little sweeter for them, since they have faced so much adversity/injured players this year. Can't wait to hear how their run at State goes.
Have a GREAT Mother's Day weekend!
Post a Comment