Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




May 30, 2007

Graduation weekend!!!

This is truly graduation weekend for our family. My daughter Kendle Ann will have her pre-school graduation on Friday night and I can't believe how fast this year has flown by. It seemed like I was just taking a picture of her walking out the door on her first day of pre-school, with her new back-pack and all.


She has loved, loved, loved, school and all of her little friends she has met. She is so eager to learn and is always excited to explain everything they did in class that day. I've watched her change and grow this year and I can't wait to see what kindergarten has in store for her. They better watch out!


Also graduating this weekend is my little brother Tucker Jack Tovey.


I've always thought that was the cutest name. He is nine years younger than I am, and his graduating makes me feel very old indeed. Tucker is quite a character and can bring entertainment and fun anywhere he goes. Everyone wants to be his friend, although at times he can be borderline eccentric ( like dressing up as a pirate to go see the new Pirate's of the Caribbean movie). Kendle is very fond of her uncle Tucker and loved cheering him on at all of his wrestling matches the last four years. It's strange though, how you can look at someone and still see them as a little kid with big ears and a big old grin. That's how I'll always remember him no matter how old he gets. Everyone out there with younger siblings can understand this I think.


I'm looking forward to seeing all of the family that's coming and the eating and relaxing at Tuck's open house BBQ on Saturday night. The three F's. FUN, FOOD, and FAMILY. What else do you need. And in true Tovey fashion we will all eat ourselves into oblivion and complain all about it the next day.

Graduations are always a bit sad, but exciting at the same time for what's to come. Hopefully our soon-to-be baby boy will let his mama get through this weekend alright and not try to make an early appearance when he hears all of the fun going on. I'll try to post some pictures of all the festivities after the weekend.

8 comments:

Nancie said...

So excited for the graduation too. Tucker looks like a cool cat. Best wishes from us. (did he like his license plate holder?)
Congrats Kendle. She seems like she should be graduating the tenth grade!

Kris said...

I love the picture of Tucker with Kendle. That's so sweet. He looks like he's great with her. I enjoy reading your blogs. I can just tell how much you love being with your family. I love it. Sounds like you will have a great weekend. Kindergarten will be great for Kendle. She will absolutely love it!

Tallia said...

I have the same feelings about Kenna's past year of preschool. How can it almost be over?! I hope our girls will somehow end up in the same kindergarten class together...that would be great! Have a very fun weekend with your family! Oh, Kristen said you can't get onto my blog. Have you tried recently? I opened it up not too long ago so anyone should be able to get on now. Try it and let me know!

Marilyn said...

Great post Sarah. I agree with Nan, isn't Kendle like...18 years old yet? Just kidding.

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

We cannot wait!!! I'm doing laundry and packing up as I type this in preparation to leave as soon as Rich gets off of work tonight. The drive (I'm guessing) will be long and not fun but will be so worth it. Sarah, I'm sure you and I will spend lots of time together... however, we will both miss Riley, Rich, Jeremy, and your Dad as we will never get them off the golf course!

Sarah said...

Tallia-
I'm still not able to get into the "sandbox" (cute name). It says I still have not been invited. My google id I sign in with is tovdod@yahoo.com.

hatch said...

Sara- This preschool year has gone by so fast. I cannot believe that it is coming to an end. I hope Dylan will like his kindergarten teacher as much as he has liked Miss Molly. That is the only thing that I worry about for next year. Congrats to your brother he looks like he is a great uncle. Have fun enjoying three of my favorite things this weekend. I hope baby boy will cooperate. Oh and if I just click on Tallia's name I get the "sandbox" too and I can not get on, but if I go to Kristen's blog and click on Tallia from the list she has I can get on. Just a little info.

Kris said...

I don't think that "sandbox" is Tallia's blog name. Unless she's changed it. Maybe you are clicking on the wrong thing? Or am I totally lost? I think it's "Lewis Laughter." Try going to my link and then after you get it up then bookmark it. It should work after that! Good Luck!