Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




June 22, 2007

Something to think about

First of all, I just have to clarify that I am not an earth-loving hippie muffin who goes around promoting world peace and conservation. But I have begun to notice how much my family wastes everyday that we take for granted, all of the "things" we have to have but don't really need. Anyways, we're going to be busy finishing our fence this weekend, (it's only taken us 2 years) and I thought this video would give everyone something interesting to think about. I wish they could have broken it down for more of what we could do in our own country, but it gets the ball rolling.

9 comments:

dandee said...

Wow! SO eye opening. Thank you for sharing this! The parts with the street children have my heart breaking. Imagining those sweet spirits sleeping on a cold street has me in tears!

We are so blessed to live in a country that has enabled our families the freedoms and resources others do not have.

Hopefully this will make us all think about the resources we waste that could be used for a much more righteous purpose.

tharker said...

Thank you Sarah. Seriously, thank you. This was a very well done wake up call! I'm not really an earth loving hippie muffin either, but it really does make me think about how we spend our time and money.

The Garden Maiden said...

And the truth shall set you free. Thanks for sharing and this is the first I have been to your blog since the baby. He is so adorable and I still can't believe your little body produces these big babies. I am glad everyone is doing well. When I asked Kendall if her little brother if he was as cute as her she replied most dramatically "CUTER!than me! Way cuter!". Happy for you all.

Nancie said...

You are so good. And so good at making cute kids. So glad your long awaited fence is done.

PRP said...

I almost posted this video a few weeks ago so I'm so glad you did instead! She's one of my all time favorites and the song and images are truly haunting.

Great, great post.

Sarah said...

I'm glad you guys appreciated this. It really affected me after watching it. I'm thankful for all of the humanitarian work our church does. We did get our fence finished too. I'm sure that's not exciting to anyone else, but I've waited and waited. yay!

Tallia said...

Sarah, sometimes I get the chance to think (it doesn't happen very often!) and I realize how blessed we are that we were born in this country, of all the other places we could have been born...and to be born into the Gospel too. Thank you for helping me take time to think again!

Kris said...

This was a neat video. I've never seen it before. I like artists that can take things and put them to real life perspectives. This was a great post and a good way to remind us of the important things in life!

Marilyn said...

Eye opening. Thanks Sarah. My brother in law is in Mozambique and the pictures and stories he sends us are so much like this video. It really is heartbreaking. The gospel, however, is spreading like wildfire in Africa, which gives us hope.

I have so much respect for celebrities who give back. Way to go Sarah McLachlan!