Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




June 14, 2007

Little Wonders

I thought I'd do just a quick little post while I had a quiet moment and let everyone get a looksie at our new little sweetheart - Morgan James Dodson.





















He weighed in at 9 pounds 2 oz. and is 21 inches long. So far, he has been eating and sleeping like a champ and couldn't be sweeter. We can tell he is already a strong little guy and fights to get his head up for a look around.
















My first thought when they laid him in my arms was, what a miracle we just witnessed. I know that's totally cliche, but it really truly hits you that this little person was sent from heaven and how lucky we are to be blessed with a healthy baby. Right away I could also see a family resemblance, he has tons of dark hair and Kendle's little mouth. The delivery went very smoothly and this was a much better experience than before. ( Yes, I got to have an epidural this time!!!)










Kendle could not wait to come to the hospital and hold her new little brother. She gave him lots of kisses and "soft" little pats and is already trying to teach him to say "ma, ma". He'll be a quick study with her around. She has already helped feed him and change him and he recognizes her voice when she comes around. I know they will have a special bond.



It's hard to believe that all of this started nine months ago, and in a matter of hours we were meeting him for the first time. We feel so thankful to have him in our family and can't wait to see what all of the little moments will bring. Morgan looks forward to meeting you soon.

11 comments:

dandee said...

Sarah, I cried while reading this post. The music, the priceless pictures of you and Kendle holding Morgan for the first time, my pregnancy hormones, they're all working against me!

Morgan is beautiful. In a masculine way, of course. Congratulations to your sweet family! I look forward to meeting him!

Marilyn said...

You are wonder woman Sarah. Blogging the same day you get out of the hospital. Thanks for taking the time to show us pics. Beautiful post. Gorgeous baby.

"Madison" (aka Madeline) was asking me today if we can come and see the baby, I told her we would give you a few days.

I asked Kendle at the pool today if she liked her new baby and if he was cute. She said he was VERY cute.

I said, "Is he as cute as you?"

She said "He is even cuter than me."

I said, "That can't be possible, nobody is cuter than you."

She said, "Well you will just have to come and see him then."

It made me laugh so hard. She is one adorable little girl.

meohmyers said...

How sweet! Newborn babies are my absolute favorite thing in the whole wide world. He is gorgeous, Sarah. I love the way you put your thoughts into words. We all know exactly how you feel. I can't wait to see him in person. So glad you took the time to post this!!

Anonymous said...

your family has forever changed. little boys are so special in their own little way. they're tough and funny, inquisitive and adventurous, busy, messy and at times a liability...but we wouldn't have them any other way. i know you are loving your warm little snuggler but i can't wait to watch this little boy grow into your family. thanks for posting

Kris said...

Those pictures are absolutely perfect. I was also teary while reading your thoughts and experience. He is such a sweet baby and a Chunky kid. He is for sure a Dodson, with those cheeks and chin. I'm so happy that everything went well and that you are home and feeling good too!

Anonymous said...

It is KILLING us to be so far away! We are really looking forward to next month's family reunion so we can adore him. Congratulations! I was so glad to hear how much better this delivery was for you!

Heather said...

Very sweet, glad you are all doing well.

Nancie said...

Uh, i wish I looked as good as you do after having a baby. No blotchy red skin, hair all shiny and pretty. boo hisss.
What a sweet boy. Im sure Riley is walking on clouds.

Tallia said...

Oh, Sarah, he is so sweet! Your words made me tear up as well. You are so good at describing your feelings, and I think that since most of us have had the same feelings at some time, they really hit home. It's so exciting to meet a new member of your family and it feels strange to think that they haven't always been part of your family.

Sarah said...

Thanks for all of the support and kind thoughts. I feel thankful to have so many great people that care about me and my family. You are all welcome to come visit.

hatch said...

Sarah- He is beautiful. Absolutly perfect! Congratulations! I can't wait to meet him.