Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




September 11, 2007

It's cookie day

My need to bake something at least once a week has really been thwarting my weight loss goals. Especially once the weather starts to turn a bit cooler, it's like baking fever sets in. Now I'm not Martha Stewart by any means, but I do make pretty good cookies, although how I married someone who prefers cheap generic store bought cookies is beyond me. When I was a kid, there was nothing better than cookie day at our house. My mom would have to triple the recipe to make enough for all of us and they would be gone in less than an hour. Here's what I'm making today:



Chocolate pudding cookies with peanut butter chips. Mmmmmm. It makes the house smell so good. These cookies are really soft and the combination of peanut butter and chocolate is my favorite in pretty much any treat.

Something else I love to bake in the fall is pumpkin bread. It's making my mouth water just thinking about it. I love anything with pumpkin actually. Have you ever tried pumpkin icecream?

Well, I better get back to my baking. I can't wait for Kendle to walk through the door after kindergarten, take a big whiff, and know that it's cookie day.

Recipe for Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies or Pudding Cookies:

1 cup margerine

1/4 cup sugar

3/4 cup brown sugar

2 eggs

1 tsp. vanilla

1 small package instant chocolate pudding

1 tsp. baking soda

2 1/2 cups flour

*Additions: you can add regular chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, coconut, nuts, pretty much anything you like.

Mix all ingredients together and bake on greased cookie sheet at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Do not over bake, they are meant to be soft and slightly underdone when you take them out.

7 comments:

Marilyn said...

Those look great. Post the recipe for us, please?

tharker said...

Cookie day is a great idea! We've made cookies twice in the last week and of course they're all gone now. Jake asked me this morning if we could make some more Ginger Snaps, but alas we are all out of shortening!

This recipe looks yummy!

I too love pumpkin bread in the fall, especially with mini chocolate chips mixed in. Oh, and what the heck? If I happen to accidentally make a batch of cream cheese frosting while the bread is baking...all the better!

Kris said...

Seriously, I'm coming over. These look AWESOME!!! I'm going to do some baking soon!

hatch said...

I love cookie day! Those look really yummy. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

PRP said...

Yummy! I'll have to whip some up myself.

Great idea, especially with kids in school. What a fun treat for them to come home to.

Anonymous said...

We love that recipe too, because it's so versatile. I've also made it with white chocolate pudding instead of chocolate pudding and then put white chocolate chips w/ macadamia nuts in it. Or my dad LOVES butterscotch so I make it w/ butterscotch pudding and butterscotch chips... Doesn't matter what flavor, it will be gone in a matter of minutes! I love baking just because it makes teh house smell so good and gives it that cozy feel.

Sarah said...

Thanks Deb for those other delicious ideas. You are so clever!