
Is it just me, or does it seem as if the days are getting shorter? Not just because summer is pretty much over and it is starting to get dark earlier, I mean the days feel like they are going by faster and faster. Remember when you were a little kid and it seemed like it took FOREVER for your birthday or Christmas to come around again? Well, that's sure not a problem for me anymore. Maybe my time management skills could use some fine tuning. Old Father time is just speeding up that clock for me. Fall is coming, did I really enjoy every moment of summer that I could? I'm not ready to put my flip-flops and capris away just yet.
The real question that has been gnawing at me is - am I using my time for what's really important? When my daughter wants me to read a book with her or take a walk, why do I always tell her maybe later instead of just doing it? I hate that I feel that my house always has to be super clean or I can't relax, and that my family suffers in the process because I'm a big meany until it's done. I hate that my hair takes forever to blow dry and style (yes, even when it's short) and that I always feel like I could use another hour of sleep. And what about taking time out for myself once in a while? I'm horrible at this, because I can always think of something more important I should be doing. Why as mom's is this so hard for us?
You can't borrow, buy, or steal it - in the end Time always wins.


8 comments:
Love the picture of the Dodson Clock. I feel the same way! I am just wasting time all the time. Blogging doesn't help! :) But I do enjoy it. I feel like everyday the days seem to just go by and I can look at what I've accomplished, and it's not much! This was a good post, and I've never heard this song. I love it!
SO TRUE!
Don't feel bad, I'm "big meanie" also, when it comes to cleaning the house.
I totally get the time thing. I have no idea where the day goes most of the time.
This was such a great post Sarah! Time has flown by since I've had children. When did my baby girl suddenly become a 2nd grader preparing for baptism? I don't know where the time all goes, but I know I feel the same way. I know that I could use my time more wisely. It's something I've been trying to work on, but it's definitely a work in progress. And by the way, I'm "Mean Mommy" too until my house is cleaned just so. I'm trying to work on that too...you're not alone!
I am so with you on the mean mom untill the house is clean. I feel the same way. There never seems to be enough time in the day and I have found that as I get older time just seems to go by faster, and faster.
Great post Sarah. I think this is just the way of mommydom, that we are destined to try and squeeze out every second of the day for everything we want to do, ought to do, need to do, etc, so that by the end of it all, we're too wiped to do anything else. The constant feeling of never having enough time is the battle we all have to fight. Now we just have to figure out how to win.
I think your post describes how every mom on the planet feels...
I was just commenting to someone the other day that it seems the older I get, the faster time flies by.
I'm not complaining or anything, but doesn't it seem like it should be the other way around?
Post a Comment