November 13, 2007
PTC's
It's that time of year when we get to go visit with our children's teacher about everything they are doing right and wrong, but hopefully more right than wrong, right? Ok, so we had the pleasure of having our conference this morning and it went well, no surprises or worries, just pretty much being told what we already knew. Well, actually there is always one surprise and that is how well behaved and quiet Kendle is in school. Not saying she is a bad kid, but she is definitely how should I say, larger than life the majority of the time. Glad to know she saves it all up for us at home. It was good to talk to her teacher one on one and discuss some of my concerns that I have had about the work they are doing in class and that maybe she could start moving on a little bit. I was glad to hear that they will be starting a reading group soon. I think it is a challenge to have a child who is struggling in school, and also a challenge to have a child who is ready to excel and move forward. Lots of extra work for moms, but that's what we're here for and we try to help them the best we can. Kendle has the rest of the week off from school because of PTC and she is already throwing me the I'm bored card. She would rather be at school than at home all day ( and I can't say I disagree). The countdown begins for school on Monday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I'm with you on the countdown Sarah! Josh has already been pushing Jake's buttons this morning. It's sad to say, but he really needs this time at school, and frankly so do I!
When I went to Hannah's first PTC when she was in Kindergarten, I was shocked to hear how shy and reserved she was in class. I remember asking the teacher if we were indeed talking about the same child! At home and with family and friends, Hannah was ANYTHING but shy. It was quite a surprise to hear that about her. She came out of her shell at school and quickly emerged into the lovely social butterfly that I knew her to really be! I think it was just her way of getting adjusted to school.
I get to meet with my kids' teachers tomorrow. Even though I'm in the classroom each week, it's always fun to sit one on one with their teacher and get an in depth look at your child's accomplishments!
Isn't it funny to hear what the teacher says about your child, and it's not anything like how they act at home?? I found that with Tyler too! Glad they will start a reading group. I bet Kendle will just thrive with that and enjoy it! Glad she's saving all of her fun energy for you at home! Thatta girl, Kendle!
I always find it interesting how much more well behaved my kids are for OTHER people. Not that they're all that bad at home, really. For instance, Maelin spends all day hanging on my leg. For other people, she's super good about entertaining herself.
Post a Comment