Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




November 26, 2007

Today's Forecast

The old Ri-lo is out of town so the forecast for the next couple of days calls for:

-Cleaning out the fridge and eating up the rest of the Thanksgiving leftovers.
- Decorating the Christmas tree which we set up last night per the request of Kendle, who would not return to normal behavior until it was put up and plugged in. ( I love my fake pre-lighted tree, miss the real pine smell but do not miss the mess)
- Getting out the rest of our Christmas decorations and tweaking them to perfection until my brain is hurting and my eyes are crossed. (This process could actually stretch on for days)
- Doing laundry that accumulated over the Thanksgiving Holiday.
- Getting caught up on all of my mail that has made a huge pile next to my computer.
- Boxing up all of the children's clothes they've outgrown.
-Having a fun girls night tonight with Kendle for FHE. I'm thinking painted toenails, popcorn, treats, and a movie.

* Side story: This morning I realized I had still not bought the items for the Salvation Army boxes our ward is doing so I got Kendle off to school and then me and the Morgster headed to Walmart. This was a big deal because he is five months old and I have never taken him grocery shopping. I have been dreading and putting this day off for a while because he hates his car seat and I just knew he would scream and cry through the whole store and I would much rather wait until Riley is home and can watch the kids to go shopping all by my lonesome. But guess what? I fed him before we went and five minutes into our experimental excursion he fell asleep. He slept the whole time and didn't bat an eye until we headed back outside to the car. I know this will probably be a fluke and it will never happen again, but for just one day at least I can revel in the satisfaction of having an enjoyable shopping experience with my baby.

7 comments:

tharker said...

Sounds like a full day! But at least your tree is up and you can enjoy the lights.

Congrats on your grocery trip with your little guy.

Anonymous said...

Wow, your to-do list is very similar to mine! I came home from Corvallis with baby clothes and hand-me-downs for Maelin from my sister galore! Time to do some house cleaning. We're getting our tree this Friday. Just doesn't seem right to live in the Christmas tree mecca (which is the Oregon Coast) and not have a real tree. But I envy your no-pine-needle situation!

Kris said...

I can't believe that little Morgan's first Grocery Shopping experience was today. I'm glad he was such an angel! He is so cute, and I need to come over and give him a hug!

Looks like you have a lot of stuff to get done! I have our Christmas stuff up and now I just need to get all the boxes out of my house! UGH!

Marilyn said...

A sleeping peaceful baby is definitely something to be thankful for! Have a fun girls night FHE!

Heather said...

Holy cow, you are motivated. I can't believe you have gotten away with never taking Morgan to the store until now.... amazing!

dandee said...

Seriously! Five months old and this was his first trip to the store? Amazing! Glad he was an angel for you! Your FHE sounds fun!

Nancie said...

What a good boy that Morgster. Jack wants to come play soon. Time for a play date.