Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




November 1, 2007

Trunk-or-Treating and the Pumpkin Patch

Last night we attended our ward Trunk-or-Treat. I was so glad it was on Halloween this year and that we didn't have to dress the kids up two different times. There were a ton of people there and Kendle got quite the haul of candy. My mother drove up from Oregon and came with us, and we had a fun time. Here are the children before we left:





















Morgan looking oh so scary as a little skeleton.


















Kendle made a cute fairy and she was most excited about the sparkly makeup she got to wear, even though she didn't like the process of putting it on. I love how Morgan's facial expression in this picture is like, "stay away from me fairy and no one gets hurt".

We left the Trunk-or-Treat around 7:30, and then hit a few houses in our neighborhood on the way home. The people on our block were very nice. One older fellow gave Kendle a handful of candy bars and another house gave her candy and an awesome skeleton pencil, so I think she was pretty pleased with her grand total by the time we headed home.

Also, on Monday I went with Kendle's kindergarten class to the pumpkin patch. It was pretty fun and chaotic and messy, and all of the things field trips usually are. It was interesting to see Kendle's interactions with the other children in her class and watch her pick out a pumpkin.
















Yep, that's a keeper!



















They also let the children run through the hay bale maze, pet some animals, and climb to the top of the hay pyramid. At the very end, they were given a snack and then gathered their pumpkins up to take home.









This picture cracked me up. Her teacher was giving them instructions on how to stand in line while they were waiting to get back on the bus. This is classic Kendle for ya.

I'm glad I decided to go and share this memory with her. Did we have fun?


As Kendle would say, "that's a positive!"


9 comments:

Heather said...

That's a positive!! That girl cracks me up. Glad you had fun.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great day...

Morgan is the cutest little skelaton I've ever seen!

Kris said...

I love Kendle, and I love her personality! I love your blog. It just makes me happy for days! This song is making me want to jump up and dance! Sydnee and Porter are looking at the pictures and smiling! Your kids look great! I love Kendle's confused look at the Pumpkin Patch! She's quite the character! This was so fun Sarah!

Marilyn said...

Kute kiddos. I love that last picture of Kendle. She is gonna kill the boys when she's about 15, with those good looks.

Anonymous said...

so this is what shouted out to me as i looked at the picture of kendle getting her orders.... "teacher say what...i don't think so!" my first thought was that the teacher had just told her that they only get 1 cookie.

Anonymous said...

p.s. how heavy is that little pumpkin kendle is picking up? way to bend at the knees girl!

Sarah said...

Natalie, you are too funny.

tharker said...

Your kids looked so cute last night, and it was so fun to see you again!

I am loving Kendle's face in the picture where her teacher is explaining the instructions. All I can think about is "Whachoo talkin 'bout Willis?" That is the saying that comes to mind when I see the expression on her face!!!

::lindsay said...

Cute halloween costumes! Kendle seems like she has the cutest personality!