Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




January 23, 2008

Looking for suggestions


I'm trying to organize all of Kendle's hair accessories and wanted to know if anyone has some good ideas for containing all of those rubber bands, ribbons, barrettes, clips, and headbands. Kendle has a TON, and maybe we need to weed through and toss out things we don't wear anymore. Right now I have them in a couple of little baskets with handles underneath the bathroom sink, but it has become a disorganized mess spilling over into the rest of the items I store under there. It makes finding things in a hurry impossible. Do you store them according to what they are? I've tried to group them, but they seem to all end up back in one jumbled mess. Am I the only one who has this problem?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a few separate little baskets in a drawer- ribbons, barretts, hair ties etc. They stay organized for a couple of weeks and then I know I'll be reorganizing them again...they just don't seem to want to stay in their own basket!

tharker said...

Sorry, we are always dealing with the same thing too. I wish Hannah would let me do her hair still. She only ever wants in "down" with a bobby pin holding her bangs to the side. Boring!

Heather said...

You should try the thread organizers.... I think that is what they are called. Call me I'll explain better.

Anonymous said...

hey, i like to put all my hairstuff in this midsize bag. the ribbons, elastic hairbands, barretts, combs, hairspray, mousse, and water bottle, oh and hair scissors. then i keep it in a cabinet in the kitchen. i usually do it while em's eating breakfast so it's a great place to put it and i don't have to go all over the house getting different things.

PRP said...

My SIL hung these fat, decorative ribbons from a shelf in her bathroom and she clipped all the girls barrettes & bobby pins to them. It was adorable. It hung over her toilet.

I just have a bin with a handle for all of mine so I'm usually digging away!

Kris said...

I like to put all the big poofy ones in a jar on the counter. All of my rubber bands and clips are in plastic baggies in my drawer. Yeah, not very classy, but it works. Nat's idea of keeping everything in the kitchen is a new one. It's such a pain, and I hate opening that drawer, cuz it's always a mess!

Good Luck!

Kris said...

Oh yeah, you've changed your template again. Love the new look! It looks great!

Marilyn said...

We have a bunch of little containers in a drawer in the bathroom and we jave them all separated, but, inevitably, they get all mixed up and have to be re-orgainzed over and over and over.

I think the hanging ribbon idea is a good one.

hatch said...

I like that hanging ribbon idea too. I do not really have this problem. It is such a fight for me to do anything with Chloe's hair that I just have a fun hair things for her. She starts out the day with them in her hair and by the end of the day she has lost them somewhere.

Sarah said...

Thanks for all of the suggestions and ideas, I'll be attempting to throw out the stuff Kendle doesn't use anymore and hopefully get that mess looking more organized.