I feel like I need to vent some of my pet peeves and perhaps by writing them down they will seem a bit silly to me and not worth wasting my time and energy being irritated day after day.
#1 Every day when I go to pick Kendle up from morning kindergarten, there is a woman who despite all of the notes the school has sent home about "parking lot etiquette and safety" thinks it is perfectly OK to not pull her car up behind the first car parked by the curb. She is there every day and she refuses to pull all the way up and parks right smack dab in the middle so all of the other parents have to maneuver and back in to the big space she leaves between her car and the one in front of it. I am going to go insane watching her do this for the rest of the year. It's just common sense. If there is a big space between your car and the car in front of you, pull up so other people have room to park by the curb as well!
#2 There is nothing better than reading a soggy, wet, newspaper in the morning. I know it's time consuming to walk that extra step and put the paper closer to the door (or heaven forbid put it in a plastic bag when it's pouring outside), but it's also time consuming for me to lay my wet newspaper out on the counter to dry so I can read it in a couple of hours. Then when the paper boy comes to collect his money he has the gumption to give me a disgusted look when I don't add a tip onto the check. What ever happened to good old fashioned customer service? Which brings me to #3:
#3 Walmart. I hate you, but I need you. Why must you only have one checker when there are fifty people trying to check out? Why must you leave price tags off of random items? Why must I always get the shopping cart with the squeaky, wobbly wheel? Last night after Riley's indoor soccer game I sent him there to pick up some groceries for me and apparently they only had one check stand open and he had to use the self-checkout for his big cartload of items, only to have something not be able to scan and the "self-checkout" attendant then came over and said "Oh, I can help check you out over here". That was the straw that broke the camel's back. Riley said he went off on them and told them they had the worst customer service out of any store he's ever been in and that he will never shop there again. He was so mad when he got home that I think he might actually hold to that. We shall see. Bottom line - Walmart, people will continue to shop at your store because it's cheap and convenient but don't be surprised if every customer leaving your store is telling themselves they should never come back.
#4 I know other people have talked about this before, but the radio stations around here are HORRIBLE. There isn't one station that I can listen to consistently. I consider myself pretty well-rounded when it comes to types of music that I like. I like rock, country, pop, indie, a little alternative, reggae, classical and stuff you can't even put in a specific category, but I can not take one more Chris Daughtry (or is it just Daughtry now?) or Nickelback song. I can pretty much turn on the radio the same time every day and hear the same song as the day before. If I don't get Sirius Satellite radio soon I will become a permanent talk radio listener.
I know this wasn't the most uplifting post, but I do feel a little bit better now that I got that out of my system. Sometimes a girl just needs to rant a bit. So now I'm feeling a bit guilty if I brought anyone down by reading this so I'll attempt to lift your spirits by leaving you with one of my favorite quotes which should help me put this all in perspective:
"If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain"-Dolly Parton
January 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
Ugh! Don't even get me started on Walmart. I absolutely agree with all of it. You forgot to mention the annoying process of returning an item, from the greeter putting the pink sticker on your item and having to write a code number on it, to standing in a heinously long line to return with only one register open but there are at least 2 people standing behind the counter.
Sarah, this post is why I love you. You are so balanced. You write a perfectly deserving post about pet peeves and then balance out the negativity with a great quote. You are awesome!
I agree with everything you said, except instead of satellite radio, I would just do the iPod thing. It works for me anyways. I always listen to exactly what I want to listen to.
That's a good idea Marilyn, do you just have one of those adapters for your car?
I second everything you said. I hope you feel better now that you got it out!
I am glad you got all of that off your chest! Sometimes it just feels good to have a rant!
Sometimes it feels good to just let out all of our frustrations. I'm glad that you told us about everything. I would've paid big bucks to see Riley all fired up at Wal-Mart. I bet it was actually kind of comical! :) I hate Wal-Mart too. It's a love/hate relationship! Your newspaper boy has got to get it together, especially if he wants any sort of tip!!!!
Sar, Well said.
hey, i know i haven't been very good at leaving comments, and i vow to be better, but in hopes that your sis tam is reading this- Tam, have you ever seen "HOT ROD"? andy samberg movie? Its pretty funny (we have clearplay too) but you look exactly like his love interest in the movie. cute little red head. anyway...
peace out-nan
Nan-
I think her name is Isla Fisher or something like that. You're right, she does remind me of Tam. We'll have to come watch a movie using your clearplay so we can see how it works.
Yeah, I could pretty much copy most of this post and post it on my own blog... Amen, Sister! I got a good chuckle out of this post - because I could so accurately sympathize with everything on it!
Ditto to everything you posted about! They are all worthy of a venting post!
I like when people post about pet peeves. It reminds me that we are all normal and deal with the same crazy things on a daily basis.
Post a Comment