Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




January 22, 2008

Running around like a chicken with their head cut off

Wow! The last few days have been so crazy around our house, I haven't done a very good job of keeping my blog updated. Beware, this is a very long post.

-Last Friday Riley wanted to take me out to dinner at P.F. Chang's, but we couldn't find a babysitter for that night. We opted to go out to lunch instead thinking lunch time might be a little less crazy at a new restaurant in town. Before I picked Kendle up from school I went to visit a friend that had recently had a baby, and drop off another baby gift for one of the gals I V.T. and I never give myself enough time to do things like that, so then I'm rushing, rushing, rushing to get Kendle from school before she is the last kid left standing by herself. After picking her up we race home and my mother-in-law is just arriving to watch the kids. I hurry and make Kendle a quick sandwhich and apologize for the messy house and then me and Riley are off for our fun lunch date. After driving around P.F. Chang's tiny parking lot for about 15 minutes, and noticing about 20 other cars doing the same thing, we decided it just wasn't going to happen. So we headed over to good old Olive Garden which was just a slightly lesser version of crazy with only a 20 minute wait. We ended up wasting half of our "date" on driving around and waiting. Riley had to head back to work for a bit after that, but we rented some movies for later that night. My pick was "The Nanny Diaries" which was no where near as good as the book, and Riley's pick was "3:10 to Yuma", which I didn't watch but he gave it two thumbs up.

-Saturday morning me and the kiddies made muffins and then ran some errands before lunch. I was going out with some friends that night, so I frantically cleaned and cleaned before I had to go get ready. I didn't get everything done that I wanted to, but at least I got the kitchen floor mopped which needed it badly. Especially since Morgan is crawling everywhere now and licking the floor. Ewwwww! A night out with the girls was just what I needed though, and we had a great time eating good food and then browsing the mall and acting like immature teenagers. I'm glad I have such a fun group of friends who don't take themselves too seriously.

-Sunday was the usual lazy morning, and then rushing to get off to church on time. Hello! We go at 2:30 and we're still rushing to get out the door on time. I've been trying to do better about having something ready for dinner when we get home at almost 6:00 and every one's starving, so I did one of my favorite crock pot meal's and everyone was happy and a little less cranky. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with our Sunday mornings though. I can only pick up the house so many times before church before I've had it. Riley tells me over dinner that Morgan broke my friend Natalie's necklace while she was watching him during Sunday school for me, so Natalie I owe you a new necklace!

-Yesterday morning we were up bright and early, no sleeping in on day's off from school for my daughter. That was OK though, because we were out the door and running errands before Kendle had to go to a birthday party at 10:30. The party was a lot of fun and she had a great time. It was at McDonald's and the hosts bought all of the kids a happy meal. So a Happy Meal + a sugary cupcake = one bunch of happy kiddies. From McDonald's we headed down to my parents house in Oregon to see my brother Tucker who came home for the weekend from college. His birthday was last week, so we had a late birthday cake for him and Kendle made him the best card ever! She took a big piece of construction paper and folded it in half. On the front she wrote:"If I had a million dollars, I would buy you...." and then inside the card she had cut out and glued all sorts of things that she thought he would like (from a 5 year old's stand point that is). A new bike, some cookies and candy, one of those Hickory Farms packages, and also a picture of a pretty blond girl. That one cracked us all up! Tucker told her that was the best card he's ever gotten. My sister and I went to Hermiston and picked up Chinese Food from Chen's for dinner. Chen's has the best food. We enjoyed a nice drive together and chatted about boys, music, and our favorite SNL skits. I love that we get each other's sense of humor! Leaving my parents house after a day of visiting is always an Oscar winning performance for Kendle. She cries that she wants to stay. She says she wants to live with them. She can produce real tears in two seconds flat. Then five minutes down the road she's out like a light and snoring in the backseat all the way home. Riley had an indoor soccer game so he arrived home shortly after we did. What a day!


I vow to keep things updated on my blog more consistently so I don't have to do enormous posts like this anymore. I've realized that since the main reason I have a blog is to journal about my family, I better start doing a better job!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad girls night was just what you needed...you're not alone! don't worry about the necklace. i found all the beads(except one tiny one) and i'm sure i can get it put back together. i will just make a mental note that morgan is a necklace eater. after he took out the necklace he immediately went for the earrings. morgan the manhandler.(or woman rather) i saw i am legend yesterday, talk about suspenseful! i enjoyed your long entry.

hatch said...

I know how you feel life can get so crazy. I love Kendal's card. How sweet and thoughtful of her!

PRP said...

I think we all know how you feel. It sounds like a fun weekend, even if it was chaotic. At least you got to spend it with some great people!

Anonymous said...

Whew! I am tired just reading it all! Yikes, Sarah! I hope Tuck keeps that Birthday card. Priceless!

Anonymous said...

Oh, by the way, I put on some new pictures of Moira on my blog... Still plenty more to post over the next couple of days. Haven't uncovered them all from the depths of the computer yet.

Marilyn said...

That card is the best idea I've heard in ages and ages and ages. I will use that idea everytime my kids need to make a card for someone special! Love it!

dandee said...

Wow! You have been busy! I would say that I hope life slows down a bit, but it never does, so, I'll just say that I hope you have the energy to keep up with it all!

tharker said...

Crazy, but fun...that makes it worth it all right? Kendle's card is the cutest thing. I love that she included a picture of a pretty blond girl. She sounds hilarious!

It was so great to see you Friday morning. I enjoyed our quick chat!

The Garden Maiden said...

I think I need a nap after reading this post! Busy is better! Miss seeing you on Sundays! Sorry for all the exclamation points!

Kris said...

How fun for you to be able to go see your mom and sister within a 45 minute drive. I'm glad you were able to chat and have fun with them. Oh and that Girls Night was so much needed on my end too. It was great, and I really enjoyed hanging out at the mall!