This first one she took a year or two ago of Kendle for a photography assignment or contest, I can't remember which. I think they were supposed to try and replicate a famous picture or other piece of art. I LOVE this picture. I have it hanging in my home. I feel like it captured Kendle in such a delicate way and I love that her hair and dress are blowing in the breeze. It is such a contrast to her usual personality. She was still a "wittle" girl then.

This picture was taken on Christmas day as we were seeing my brother off. We were standing outside in the cold and I wrapped a blanket around Morgan to keep him warm. I was giving him a little kiss on the forehead as he was snuggling into me.

This is my favorite. She actually has this mounted on a board and did this one for a school project as well. I wish my sister could make me a duplicate to hang in Kendle's room. My sister loves Converse All-Stars and did an Andy Warhol-esque tribute to her favorite shoes. I look at this and it just shouts "Tamra" to me. I think a little part of her soul is in this piece.

Now that she has a new camera, I have some projects I would like her to do for me. I would really like to have some pictures of my hometown "landmarks" to hang in my home. If you've ever driven through Irrigon, (emphasis on the IF) chances are you've passed Fred's Melons, the old High School, the old little league field where I played years of softball, and perhaps you've been to the beautiful park there. Or to the locals "The Marina". Another project I had in mind was some family pictures maybe in the spring. (Hint, hint Tam if you're reading this.)
So even though I want her to be a doctor or microbiologist, I do love her photography and her passion for it. She has an old soul. Thanks for the pictures Tam and keep them coming!


6 comments:
Good, we need more photographers who think outside the box. She did some great work. And I love the effects she added.
Your sister is very talented!
Beautiful pictures. My bro-in-law is a professional photographer and NOTHING is better than having one of those in the family!
I hope Tamra remembers to bring her camera when she's down here in February when we bless the baby (hint, hint Tam!). I would love to have HALF her talent! Then maybe I'd actually want to print off the pictures I take instead of leaving them on the computer!
Sarah, these pictures are so unique and lovely! I love that picture of Kendle. It seriously looks like one of those black and white kid pictures. I love those. Anyway, yeah, Tamra is so talented and I'm glad she's got some good shots of your cute kids! Those old tennis shoes are awesome!
She is very talented. I love each one! Definitely try to talk her into a family picture!
Post a Comment