Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




April 21, 2008

Family updates

Here are some of the latest happenings in our family:

Little Man, aka the Morgster, has started walking a few steps at a time on his own. He's getting a little more daring and independent and finding his balance.























He's becoming such a big boy so fast! He is so giggly and happy.


Kendle
has been playing tee-ball and had her first games last week. She wasn't too excited for her first game, but I could tell during her second game on Saturday that she was enjoying herself a lot more. She got to play catcher for a little while and loved it and was running really fast around the bases. She did great.
























I found out this morning that my little sis was crowned prom queen on Saturday night. Congrats Tam, wish I could have seen you all dressed up.

I'm bummed I haven't been able to attend as many of her games as I would have liked to since this is her last year of softball, but I was able to snap a few pictures at their game against Nyssa:


















































Her team beat Umatilla 39-0 on Friday. Yikes!



Riley's soccer teams are still doing pretty well, I've missed their last couple of games too because of tee-ball, but he continues to be passionate about coaching.
















*picture via Natalie. Sometimes he's a little too passionate. I think he was trying to get carded. He's been so busy lately that he hasn't even gone golfing. (gasp) That' s unheard of for him this time of year.

I've been busy with the usual mom duties and running around. I just seem to chase after everyone else. Last week I planted some new flowers and did my pots for our covered patio out front. Not as easy to do with a 10 month old, but hopefully he only downed a minimal amount of potting soil. I have a few surprises this year, some of my plants that I thought just didn't make it last year are coming back. I planted a lilac bush last year that is starting to get some green. Oh how I love lilacs! I've also been trying to help Kendle with her song she is singing for the Talent Show, which totally reinforces the reason that I cannot teach her piano lessons myself. I have to pray for patience. It is coming along pretty well though.

~So there are just a few updates on what we've been up to.~


10 comments:

tharker said...

I can't believe Morgan is walking! That is so fun for him...maybe not so much for you cuz that's another person for you to chase around ;)

Congrats to your sister!

Love the picture of your husband in the ref's face. Passionate? Yeah, I'd say this picture shows his passion pretty well ;)

Jan said...

Can't wait for the pictures of your garden and flowers. I bet it will be really nice. Walking around is a lot more work, but fun for him. And you sister is quite the catch. Wow. Soccer picture is really nice too. Have a great week.

PRP said...

I love the passionate look on Riley's face! Classic!

Morgan is getting so big and I hate to say it but he's losing his "babyness." He's looking more like a little man everyday.

Anonymous said...

you will have to tell me about your lilac tree/bush. i've been thinking about putting one in but don't they need quite a lot of room to grow? there's nothing like walking outside and a breeze catching the lilac and blowing the sweet scent right in your face. do they start smelling right away? does riley get in your face like that at home? i can just hear him saying,"if i don't want to turn my dirty socks right side out...:)

Lisa said...

I cannot believe how big Morgan is! He looks like such a little boy now, not a baby!
Wish I could hear Kendle sing for the talent show!

meohmyers said...

Morgan is so adorable! Look how big he's getting! Loved all the pics, you have a great family! Congrats to your sister! Sounds like she's having a great senior year.

Kris said...

Love the picture of little Morgster. He's such a cutie. Kendle looks adorable in the Uniform, and Riley looks like he's ready to get kicked out of a game! Haha! You are busy with your sports and being a mom. Way to go Tam on the softball win and being crowned Prom Queen! So exciting. This was a fun post Sarah! I love how much you support everyone in their sport activities! You are awesome!

Marilyn said...

Holy Cow! He can't be walking already. He's growing way too fast.

Kendle is looking so grown up too, tell her to stop!

I love that picture of Riley being so passionate. It's AWESOME!

I love lilacs too, in fact they are my favorite flower, and I get to stare at them out my window as I blog. It's lovely!

hatch said...

Morgan is soo cute! He is growing up so fast.

Kendle has always is a doll! I am glad that he is playing tee-ball. I wish I would have put Dylan in that.

I think that great coaches are always passionate!

Anonymous said...

It was fun to see ya for the itty bit of time! Hopefully we'll get some more visiting done at Tam's graduation.

That picture of Kendle in the giant baseball cap. Hilarious.

Man, the Morgster is getting so big so fast!