Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




April 4, 2008

Soccer, Soccer, and more Soccer

No spring break get away for us this year, or probably next year, or the year after that. Who am I kidding, will we ever get a vacation?

Saturday night we are planning on driving to my parents and staying the night, and then driving early Sunday morning to my brother's house in Portland to see their family for the day. My niece and nephew who are twins (and so adorable) are celebrating their birthday this weekend, but since we can't be there for their party on Saturday, we thought we'd still try and make a visit. And I'm half-way toying with the idea that we should stay the night in Portland and go to the zoo the next day since they have this really good spring break special going on where you get your hotel, and four passes to the zoo for like 109 dollars or something like that. But we'd have to be home in time for Riley to be to his soccer practice by 7:00 pm. I'm not sure if we can swing that or not. We shall think on it.

So next week I'll be attending some soccer games (2 0r 3) hopefully watching my little sis play some softball, and hopefully I can buy some plants and flowers and do a little planting. We've been doing some yard clean-up the last couple of days and I need to get cracking.

I hope to live vicariously through others who have some fantastic things planned for spring break. Three (or was it four, I'm losing track) years ago we went to the Bahamas for spring break. Maybe I'll post some pictures from that trip next week and dream about taking a vacation!




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

have fun in portland...and definitely stay to go to the zoo. you will be having more of a vacation than we will!

Jan said...

Have a wonderful trip. Hope the weather is good for you.

PDX Toveys said...

That would be cool with us! Plan for rain but mild temps. You'll have the zoo all to yourselves. Our kids we'll be excited to see their cousins!

BTW - had our 1st T-ball practice last night.....what did I get myself into?

Kris said...

I had no idea that you were going to Portland! That will be so fun! Looks like your weekend will be better than mine! :) Thanks for watching Sydnee today! She had a great time! It helped us out a lot! You're the best!

Anonymous said...

Wish we could come up and see ya'll... It sucks living so far away!

tharker said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Have fun.