Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




April 7, 2008

Just what I needed

~I happened to mention to my husband yesterday that the older I get, the more I enjoy General Conference because every year I feel like there is a talk made specifically for me. This year was no exception, and I know from reading other people's blogs today that I am not alone. Last week I wrote this post, and to hear Elder Ballard's talk on the very subject that was perplexing me was more than a blessing, it was motivation for me to keep going and trying my best and to not be discouraged.

We missed most of conference while traveling yesterday, but it is so neat to be able to go here and listen to the speakers again, and ponder the counsel they have shared. What a wonderful time we live in to have such awesome modern conveniences that allow us to do things like that.


~Saturday, Riley's team beat Kennewick to keep their #1 spot in the league and I'm proud of the work that he and the other coaches have put in. I have to admit it's pretty strange rooting for Southridge when I live in Pasco, but oh well. I'm sorry I missed the game, but thanks to my bud Natalie here's a few pictures:














~Kendle had a birthday party to attend Saturday afternoon and it was a lot of fun. It was at Mid-Columbia Gymnastics and she just loves this little friend of hers. They ran and played and ate pizza and cake, and she talked and talked about it the whole drive to my mom and dad's house. Just imagine the happiest kid in the world, and that was her after the party.

~We stayed with my mom and dad Saturday night so we could get an earlier start heading to this brother's house to visit his fun family on Sunday. My brother made some good BBQ food and it was just a nice, relaxing day. The cousins had a great time playing together. They have a huge beautiful backyard where the kids ran and chased each other, and did a lot of this:













Look at that green grass!!!!!!

~So far, today has been a stress free relaxing day. Kendle attended a soccer camp put on by the Southridge soccer team , and even though it was freezing cold, I think she may have enjoyed herself a smidge. She told me she was "tough" on defense. She thought it was pretty cool to be able to play on the field in the big stadium.

Hope you all are having a nice start to your spring break!

8 comments:

tharker said...

Sounds like a great weekend Sarah! I too loved Elder Ballard's talk. Just from reading everyone else's blogs today, and how much that talk touched them, it's easy to see that he was truly inspired to give that talk. We moms needed it!

Have a great Spring Break!

Kris said...

Gosh, you were busy. I heard that Natallie went to the game. So cool that they went and supported Riley, or watched a friend. Either way, thanks Nat for the Pictures! Looks like it was a fun game.

Kendle has a great life. Birthday Parties, sleeping at Grandma's, playing with cousins, and going to a soccer camp. Man, life doesn't get much better than that! Sounds like it was a great weekend Sarah. We need to get the girls together to play this week! Sydnee needs a play date!

Anonymous said...

of course we were there to support riley! which was no easy feat because they were playing my al-ma-whatever.(and the little boy i use to baby-sit) the ward family is a beautiful thing! :)

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it be nice if EVERYONE's spring break was at the same time??? Ours was 2 weeks ago...

Kris said...

Nat, you are so funny! I love your comments.

Debbie, Ditto to what you said. My two sister's had Spring Break in March, and here we are in April, and everyone else is done. They should make it a rule that all Spring Breaks should be the same week! Great Comment!

Jan said...

Way to go mom. You are just doing it right. Go Sarah. Busy and enjoying it.

PDX Toveys said...

Good times!

Jer

hatch said...

It looks like you had a wonderful weekend! I hope you are enjoying your spring break.