Wow, since Friday morning I've been going, going, going. We've been so busy that our house is suffering and in dire need of some serious cleaning.
Friday I took the kids down to Boardman to watch Tam's softball game. It was a double header and they won both games. Right now they are tied for first place in their league. I'm crossing my fingers the team they are tied with loses a game here in the next week or so, so that Tam's team will get to have their first playoff game at their home field. They have a pretty well rounded team and they could do really good in the post season this year. After the game we went back to mom and dad's and had some dinner and hung out for a while. The kids love being at grandma and grandpa's.
*My little sis got her certificate from the Art Department at OSU saying she's been accepted. I'm very excited for her!
Riley's team had a playoff game against Eastmont that afternoon as well, and they ended up losing in a really close game that came down to a shootout. Those things can go either way and this time they ended up going Eastmont's way, so Southridge is out. I'm proud of those kids though, and the improvement's they've made from last year until now. It's always sad to lose, but I have my husband back now. YAY! Well, for a little while anyway. He's probably going to be getting surgery on his ankle, so after that he won't be much good to me until it's all healed up. Those honey do projects will have to wait.
Saturday morning we woke up bright and early to get ready for Kendle's tee-ball game. My mom drove up to come watch. This was the first game Riley was able to go to as well so it was really fun. The weather did not cooperate however and we were soon pulling out our umbrellas and blankets. Kendle was so excited to have a little audience there to cheer her on and she kept giving us the thumbs up sign. That kid is so funny! We worked up quite the appetite wrestling Morgan, shivering, and cheering Kendle on so we decided to grab some pizza afterwards and it felt good to get warm and eat some yummy food.
After that my mom and I decided to go do some shopping for my dad's birthday. Happy 58th Dad! We'll have to celebrate this weekend perhaps! We hit up Kohl's again and then made our way over to Target. My mom has been losing a lot of weight, so she's getting to shop for smaller clothes which is always fun. She looks great and is going to be one tiny lady. It's fun to buy sandals and springy things and actually be able to wear them now that the weather is finally nice. I'm loving this sunshine and no wind! It was a fun day.
Yesterday was our typical Sunday. Everyone sleeps in, then we are still rushing to get out the door on time for church at 2:30. It's ridiculous I know. I'm trying really hard to make Sunday be less stressful, but my children were both in rare form and everyone was just kind of grouchy. Morgan was the wiggliest kid ever in sacrament meeting and just did not want us to hold him at all, he head butted me about five times. Now that he's walking around he does not want to sit still. I'm sure I looked really flustered, flushed and hot. I'm trying to be positive though - this too shall pass.
Today looks like it's going to be a gorgeous day, so I'd better hurry and get my cleaning done so I can get outside and enjoy it!
May 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
You are so good with always going to all the sporting events. It sounds like you had a great weekend. Glad that Tam's game was so fun and that Kendle enjoyed her audience at her game. I can just picture her giving you guys the Thumbs Up! So cute.
Oh and Morgan looked adorable yesterday at church. I did hear him squawk once, but I didn't catch the head butting. Gotta love those moments! I know this weather is so nice. Sydnee has been asking when she can play with Kendle. What day will work for you?
i like how you said riley won't be much good for you... what about the companionship and conversational stimulation? is he going golfing with the fellas? friday night... there goes my date night:) what they're really doing is getting together so they can come up with some last ditch plans on what to do for their wifes on mo's day. silly boys..
I think you spoke too soon... the clouds just rolledsin. Hope you got a few rays this morning!
Kristen-
Maybe Thursday we can get the girls together, I don't think we have anything going on that day (knock on wood)
Nat-
I think the guys activity is on Friday so they can get back at us for our "girl" nights. Of course Riley will be there so he can show off his 300 yard swing.
Heather-
I hope I didn't jinx this weather!
Jack totally is excited to see how far all the men can hit those golf balls. Should be a fun night for them. We should all get together that night and still have a Girls Party anyway!
Sounds like a fun packed weekend. I think it is so great that you are so supportive of your sister's activities. You're an awesome sister!
I think it would be so hard to maintain the feeling of reverence when you don't go to church until 2:30. By then, kids are DONE! Sorry Morgan was a handful.
Your such a great mother. That is all I am going to say.
It sounds like you had a busy, but fun weekend. I thought Morgan was adorable on Sunday, but then again I didn't see the wiggling or the head butts!
That's awesome about Tam. We're so excited to see everyone in just a few weeks! Good times ahead.
I love this spring sunshine we are enjoying and I really love Jason Mraz' version of "Summer Breeze." One of my favorite songs of all time.
You are such a sport with all of these games. How fun. I am so bummed that I did not get Dylan signed up for tee ball. He is really missing out. I think we will have to come to one of Kendle's games. Let me know when the next one is. That would be so fun.
Post a Comment