*If you turned on the radio you were likely to hear any of these songs:
Iris - Goo Goo Dolls
I Don't Want To Miss a Thing - Aerosmith
I Want You Back - N*Sync
Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) - Green Day
My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion
Ghetto Supastar (That Is What You Are) - Pras Michel
*You might have watched some of these movies:
City of Angels
Romeo and Juliet (My favorite movie and soundtrack of senior year)
Titanic
Hope Floats
The Wedding Singer
*You might have been wearing:
Baggy Jeans
Doc Martens
Polo
Tommy Hilfiger
Tall socks (not a good time for fashion in my opinion)
I found one of my old memory books they gave us around graduation and I didn't write very much in it, but here are a few things:
*Best moments: Decorating the senior tree, Girls nights out, Cruising, Homecoming Court, Sadie Hawkins, Beating Baker @ Baker in Volleyball.
*Unforgettable moments: Cheerleading half-time show, Cheerleading squad helping host "Hot 9 @ 9 on 107.3 FM, Dying our hair on volleyball trips, State championship game for softball
*Where will I be in 10 years: An undercover FBI agent married to Leonardo DiCaprio. (What was I thinking?! As Riley pointed out, that just goes to show how out of touch with reality you are at that age)
*For class favorites I was voted: Best dressed, and All-American (whatever that meant)
*Favorite classes: Speech, Creative Writing
It is really funny to me to see how cheesy a lot of what I wrote really was. I had fun going back and looking at some pictures from my senior year.
This picture cracked me up. Who is the mystery guy that I cut out of the picture?! Was I that mad? Does anyone else have a picture like this?
Softball senior girls left to right: Jill, Kristi, Brooke, Me, Rachel
My locker, usually looked like a bomb went off. And there usually weren't flowers in there. I wonder who those were from?
The most important part of graduation, getting the diploma
I also saved some of these:
Our class motto inside our graduation announcement was a line from "Free Bird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd :
"If I leave her tomorrow
Would you still remember me?
For I must be traveling on now
'Cause there's too many places that I've got to see"
Pretty telling about our class, there were a lot of wanderer's and free spirits among us. :)
I think one of the best reasons my senior year was so great was because I did NOT have a boyfriend for the majority of it. I dated a few people, but mostly I was just playing sports, hanging with my friends, and having a blast. I wish I would have taken advantage of that time more before heading into the world of rent, bills, and car payments.
Doing this post has made me realize how fast time really passes us by. I wonder where I'll be in another ten years..................................





6 comments:
What a fun share Sarah. I know that time flies. It is so important to realize that now. What great pictures of you. The mystery guy cracked me up. High School years were something we never seem to give up in memory.
Have a good day.
So funny how as a teenager you're in such a hurry to grow up. You don't really understand how short those 4 years of high school really are. I wish I would have savored those moments and appreciated my freedome from life's major responsibilities (mortage, bills, family, etc.) a little better.
Maybe you really are an undercover FBI agent. How would we ever know?
These songs bring back so many memories. I really enjoyed the trip down memory lane. Now I want to know who that mystery guy is too. I love Debbie's comment. Maybe you are an FBI agent! Ha! The fact that you have a picture of your locker with flowers in it, is just priceless. Loved this post Sarah!
I love all these pictures. You really haven't changed. You still look just as gorgeous!!!
Let's see 10 years ago...I don't remember what I was wearing, but I do remember this hideous idea that I had to do with my hair. I dyed it dark brown and permed it. IIICK!!
Funny how they use the "Free Bird" lyrics. It's better than the Grateful Dead lyrics I have heard people use: "Lately it appears to me what a long strange trip it's been."
Nice profile pic Mitch. :)
Post a Comment