Anyways, I finally I got my question answered about the book cover and the meaning behind the chess pieces. Here is her response to one readers question that was submitted for the question and answer piece:
Question: You said once you read "Breaking Dawn," you'll understand the cover of the book. So does it represent Bella and Nessie?
Meyer: No, it represents Bella and Bella. ... Bella starts out as the weakest player on the board, and she ends up as the one who decides the outcome of the story. She becomes the most powerful player, and I really liked that metaphor. I liked seeing her evolution in one picture.

Until reading Meyer's explanation I had no idea that was what it was supposed to represent, but now it makes sense. I was under the assumption it had something to do with the Volturi, but now I can finally sleep at night. Am I the only one who couldn't figure it out?
To read the rest of the interview you can go here. If you are a big Twilight fan you can check back there every week for "Twilight Tuesday".


4 comments:
Very interesting Sarah. I'm only 60 pages into the book, but I'm sure this explanation will help me as I read the book. Thanks for this!
i still need to borrow it from someone....anyone?...
good metaphor. Cant wait to find out how it all ends.
I had no idea what the cover meant either. I thought the red pawn looming in the background represented her impending leap into vamp-hood or something. Now I can sleep better too!
Ahhhh...and it all comes together. I was wondering about that...
Post a Comment