Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




October 23, 2008

The competition heats up

I really, really like eBay for all of the screaming deals you can find if you have the time and energy to look and bid.

Before Morgan was born, I found a brand new changing table on there for only $14 and cheap shipping. I also found a cute crib set that was brand new that was more than 70% off. I've sold a lot of Kendle's old baby clothes and things she's grown out of on eBay that I thought were too nice to just give away. In short, I think it's just about one of the coolest things out there.

Last night however, my happy go-lucky attitude about eBay was thrown aside as I went into an intense bidding war on an item. What is it in our human nature that makes it impossible for us to give up when we find something we want? I knew it wasn't personal, there was a complete stranger on some other computer somewhere clicking buttons about as fast as I could and just as annoyed every time the "you've been outbid" notification flashed on the screen. Regardless, my competitive edge reared it's ugly head and I was determined to get that last bid in before time ran out.

AND I DID!

With 13 seconds left, I entered the winning bid. Thank goodness for my quick typing skills and fast internet connection.

VICTORIOUS!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

uh, did i miss the part where you said what you won? or is it a secret? i have an ebay handicap...dial-up :)

Heather said...

love ebay! glad you won

dandee said...

I love how thrifty you are and I love ebay too. So much fun shopping from home!

Sarah said...

Natallie (with two l's) what I won has something to do with my Halloween costume. :) You'll get to see it next Friday night chica!

::lindsay said...

Yeah, I was curious too. You'll have to post pictures!

PRP said...

I love ebay! Glad you got what you wanted!

Kris said...

Oh good, I'm so glad that you got something for Halloween. I know you've been looking for a few weeks now. That's awesome. I can't wait to see your costume! Oh and next time I need something on ebay, I'll know to not be bidding against you! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of everyone's Halloween costumes. All ya'll out there in Tri-Cities look great every year all decked out!

Anonymous said...

that's what i thought sarah with an H. did you change your costume idea from last i heard?

Julie said...

I LOVE ebay. I think i need to start a ebay addiction club!