
What a cold, frosty, foggy morning it is. I was hoping we'd get to keep our crisp nice days for Thanksgiving. I had to send Kendle to the bus with a hat, gloves, and scarf and I'm still worried she won't be warm enough. It's so foggy that I couldn't see her walking farther than a few houses before it swallowed her up. I remember when I was a kid how much I used to hate walking to the bus in the cold winter weather and stand there waiting. It really annoys me how far Kendle has to walk to her bus stop. It's not "five miles in the snow and uphill both ways" far, but to a little six year old it's quite the walk in the morning. And it's on the corner of a busy street, which always worries me because people drive way too fast on Wrigley in the morning. Anywho, I would love to say I'm going to curl up by the fire with a blanket, drink some hot cocoa, and relax today - but Thanksgiving is in two days! I've got to finish some laundry, make sure the bedrooms are clean, (it's always better to come home to a clean bedroom when you've been away right?), and make a last minute run to the store. I thought I was totally done, but alas, something inevitably is forgotten or needed. I'm the snack lady so I'm bringing my famous little smokie wraps, a cheese ball and crackers, and layered bean dip and chips.
*Extra credit: What's your favorite snack to take to family gatherings?


8 comments:
I am the boring veggie type. Love to make veggie trays.
Those sound good though. Have fun and stay warm. It is really chilly.
Jack walked outside this morning and told the kids that the sidewalk was slippery. I watched them walk really slow down the sidewalk. I can't believe this fog. I hope it clears up soon.
I like the bean dip, that sounds so good. Have a great time running back to the store and getting everything ready for Thanksgiving. Have a great weekend with the fam.
Little smokies are a fav around here. We can't get enough of them.
Yum! We like those little smokies too. We also love queso dip for family get-togethers.
I love your choice of words when you said that the fog "swallowed her up." So visual.
My favorite snack to take anywhere this time of year is Kris Kringle, AKA, chocolate scotcheroos. Infact, we have a family get together tonight and I need to go make some.
We are big 7 Layer Bean Dip fans around here. As in...I could eat a whole pan!
Have a great Thanksgiving Sarah!!
I love the fog. I never really saw any where I am from but I just love it here, though i do not like the cold either.
I don't have a fav snack because I love trying new receipes so I usually make something new. But I now have to make my pumpkin pie every year for Johnny!
Post a Comment