Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




November 10, 2008

Morning Ramble

It's the start of another week and I woke up with a scratchy sore throat and a runny nose. I could feel it coming on last night after we got home from church. The first thing that always tips me off that I'm coming down with something is that my eyes start to feel funny. They get kind of sore and feel kind of like they're burning. Does that happen to anyone else? Then my throat starts to feel itchy. Those are the two big signs for me to start downing some vitamin C and drink lots of water. I was so stuffed up this morning that I got up really early, wrapped myself in a blanket, and laid on the couch watching old re-runs on TV until Kendle woke up. Now Morgan is about ready to wake up, and I'm ready to go back to bed. But despite feeling less than great, I must press on (totally lacking enthusiasm and drenched in sarcasm). I have much that I need to get done this week before Riley's surgery on Friday. I wish I had a washing machine that could wash five loads at a time. I'm the only one in my family that wears one outfit a day and my threats of throwing clothes away have fallen on deaf ears. The laundry piles just grow and grow, I'm afraid one day they are going to come to life and take over our house. And on days like today, I would gladly hang the white flag of surrender and go take a nap.

6 comments:

Kris said...

WOW, you really must not be feeling good, if you woke up before Kendle. I have the same crap going on for me. I hate it when I wake up in the middle of the night and my mouth is so dry and my nose so stuffed that I can't even breath. I hope that you get better before Riley's surgery. Let me know how I can help.

tharker said...

I'm sorry you're not feeling good Sarah.

Here's to hoping that Morgan takes a nice long nap while Kendle is at school, so you can squeeze in some sleep.

Jan said...

I hope everyone just gives you some extra lovin today. You deserve it. Take care Sarah dear.

hatch said...

Sarah thank you so much for watching my kids yesterday in church. I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling good. I will bring over a big pot of homemade chicken noodle soup for you and your family for dinner.(it just so happens to be what we are eating for dinner tonight.) I will call you and tell you what time.

Anonymous said...

Bummer. It sucks that moms are the only people in the world who can't call in sick.

Lisa said...

Sorry you were feeling so lousy. Hope you are feeling better today!