Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




March 3, 2009

*Worth Watching*

I recently discovered Clara Cannucciari, who is a 93 year old cook. She has her own cooking videos you can watch here that feature recipes her family made during the Great Depression. On each video she teaches how to make simple and affordable meals while telling stories about her life during the Great Depression.

I sat hooked watching all of the video's and listening to her share interesting tid-bits about the hardships they faced, but also the good things she remembers. She has such a cute personality and lots of great information to share. Some of her stories are so funny. This has inspired me to want to do the same thing with my grandmother.

Here is just one of the videos I thought I'd share. To see the rest clink on the link above.
(make sure to pause the music playlist on my side bar first)

5 comments:

Jan said...

I watched this this morning on a friend in San Diego's blog. I love her too. Those boys faces are priceless and we need more of her honest to goodness tips. We are going to need this poormans recipe.

Anonymous said...

How fun!

hatch said...

Sara this is great! I love her. You really should think about doing something like this with your Grandma. I would love to have done something like that with mine. We have so much to learn from that generation.

Kris said...

This sweet lady reminds me of my grandma too. I love how her kitchen is so simple. It's amazing how many great things we can learn from the previous generations!

tharker said...

I would love this! Thanks for sharing, Sarah!