Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




June 9, 2009

11 Things I Love About Summer
















1.) Flip Flops and Sandals










I'm embarrassed to admit how many pairs of "summer footwear" that I own. I love the ease of just being able to slip them on really fast and go somewhere.

2.) Picnics and BBQ's












I was just telling Kendle the other night about how some of my best memories as a child are of our big family picnics we used to have. There would be tables and tables weighed down with yummy food, lots of cousins to run around and play with, and a shady spot to go lay on a blanket when you needed some rest.



3.) Family Vacations
I love that I can look forward to our family getting away for some bonding time together and making fun memories. I hope our children can look forward to those trips too. It's always an adventure waiting to happen.



4.) Popsicles











There is just something about sitting out in the hot sun eating a popsicle and soaking up some rays. It should be a mandatory snack.

5.) Evening Walks
I love taking the family for a walk while the sun is setting and everything is starting to cool down a bit. It is such a peaceful time and the world seems so relaxed.



6.) Green Grass and the Sound of Lawn Mower's














I love the smell of cut grass and a freshly mowed yard. I wish I could bottle that smell up and save it for a cold winters day.

7.) Relaxed Schedules
There isn't much that can top lazy summer days when we just hang out in the backyard, let the kids run through the sprinklers and listen to them laugh, make late-night treat runs, stay up late, sleep in, and enjoy just taking it easy.

8.) Fireworks


















I love the Fourth of July and since we live close to the baseball stadium we get fireworks shows all through out the summer as well. We can sit out on our lawn and see most of them, the kids love it and so do I.


9.) The smell of sunscreen and chlorine














10.) Growing a little garden















Even if it's only a few tomato plants, there is something so satisfying about watching plants grow and produce and then getting to pick a nice juicy tomato off the vine. Yum!


11.) Going to the Fair













There has hardly been a summer since I was little that I have not gone to the Fair. The smells of Elephant Ears, the laughter and screams of people on rides, seeing the animals and the exhibits - it just brings back lots of memories for me and makes me feel like a kid again.

Looking forward to school being out this week, hurray!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the smell of a good sunscreen. (Hawaiian Tropic and Banana Boat are my 2 personal favorites.)

Hooray for summer!!!

Kris said...

I'm so glad that summer is vastly approaching. I'm looking forward to not having to drag my kids out of bed every morning. One thing I hate is public swimming pool restrooms! UGH! But this list of your favorites are the best! I'm finishing my otter pop as I type!

Jan said...

You totally summed it so well Sarah. I think I love your list more than mine :)

momtovey said...

My Sarah is back. I love the way you write. I hope to have a little bit of fun this summer too!

dandee said...

Hooray for summer!

hatch said...

I love your list. I love all of those things about summer too! I am so ready for school to be out.