Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




June 11, 2009

Busy Bee's

Life doesn't slow down much around our place, this last week of school has been keeping us busy.

Kendle has been enjoying all of the fun things they have had going on. Earlier in the week they had "Field Day", which is where they get to go around and pick different fun events to do. She told me her favorite was the rope climb. Yesterday was "Fly Up" day where they were able to meet their new teacher and visit their classroom for next year. Today they are taking a field trip to the Pasco library (she was excited to take her library card with her, just in case) and tomorrow they are having an assembly in the morning that I will try and attend. They only have a half-day tomorrow, so we will pick up some lunch and head to the sprinkler park to play with some friends.

Riley is coaching the 14 year old girls premier soccer team this summer and he started their practices this week. I've been trying to prepare him for how different it is to coach girls than boys, there is always a little more drama involved and Riley doesn't do drama so it will be interesting to see what he thinks at the end of the season. Hopefully all goes well. I think it will be fun for Kendle to watch these girls and see how good they are.

Friday night we might try and take the kids and do something fun to celebrate school being out. Saturday we are heading to Oregon to have a big family picnic to celebrate my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary. They are the cutest couple and it should be fun. It's also Morgan's birthday on Saturday, so we might do something to celebrate later on that day/evening. I can't believe he will be 2! He's not my baby anymore.

I'm off to go shopping and run errands. New books are in at the library for me, I'm so glad!

*On an unrelated note, I haven't thrown up in a few weeks and then yesterday morning out of nowhere - I upchucked right after breakfast. Go figure. Hope it's a fluke.

8 comments:

tharker said...

Busy girl!! Summer is in full swing already isn't it?

You and I are on the same page pregnancy wise. I hadn't thrown up in a couple of weeks, and then Wednesday as I was brusing my teeth, I lost all my dinner. So fun!

tharker said...

I was brushing my teeth, not brusing ;)

Kris said...

You and Tiffani are so lucky to not be throwing up anymore. I saw Kendle walking down the road with all the 1st graders this morning when I went to Kindergarten Graduation. Sounds like a fun adventure. Sounds like you will have a fun weekend!

Anonymous said...

so you don't usually throw up after 12 weeks? you are lucky to feel good for most of your pregnancy.(after the fun start:) have a fun weekend. i cannot wait til crazy june is over.

Anonymous said...

I can hardly believe Morgan is already 2! Wish we could be there to celebrate with ya (both the birthday and the anniversary). One day, we will live closer, and them we won't have to miss out on quite so much.

::lindsay said...

It's crazy how busy life gets. I hope that you don't get sick again!

Oh, and what books did you get? I'm always searching for new books.

Sarah said...

Lindsay-

I checked out "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult. I wanted to read it since they are making a movie out of it. It looks like a tear jerker.

PDX Toveys said...

We'll see you all tomorrow!

Jer