We went and got some lunch and then headed to the sprinkler park to meet some friends and play. It was a great day for that - not too hot, and a little breeze. It was a fun time and all of the kids loved playing in the water and making it shoot out of the different spouts. We were all tired by the time we left. We rested for a little while, and then our family decided to go out to dinner at our favorite neighborhood restaurant. We had a fun time and even Morgan was pretty well behaved. After that we needed to do some shopping for Morgan's birthday and the picnic we were going to the next day. By the time we got home, I was exhausted - but I still had to make a salad for the next day, a birthday cake for the Morgster and some cookies. I was one tired lady. We told Kendle she could stay up as late as she wanted, but I think she was still in bed by 10:30. What a fun day!
*Saturday we attended a big family picnic in Irrigon to celebrate my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary. All of my dad's siblings were there except one, and there were lots of cousins for the kids to play with. We had tables and tables of yummy food (my family knows how to do food) and the park was nice and shady in our spot by the river. We were close to the toys so we had no problem keeping an eye on the little ones and it was really relaxing and fun to visit with everyone. I love those types of family get togethers, I think everyone had a great time. Not only were the kids excited to eat homemade ice cream, but then to top the day off some girls were walking this cute little pony around the park and of course all of the little kids swarmed them and the girls were nice enough to let everyone pet the pony. The little girls were so happy about that.
Here are some pictures from the picnic:
(Cousins - about half of us)
(The Terrel and Katie Tovey Clan)

(Morgan downing some pop)

(Kendle and her cousin Alia enjoying some home made ice cream)

After the picnic we went back to my parents house and relaxed for a bit. Then we had birthday cake and sang to Morgan since he turned the big #2 that day! He was so happy when everyone was singing to him and he got to blow out the candle on his cake.


He is such a cute and fun little boy, he really enjoys life. He opened presents and ate cake, and then we packed our stuff up to go to the aquatic center in Hermiston. My brother and his family came with us along with my mom and my sister met us there after she was done with work. We got there at a good time since it wasn't super hot anymore and the kids had an absolute blast. I think Kendle went down the big slide about 15 times. She loves the water. Morgan thinks he can swim so he tries to just take off and do his own thing too. We were all tired and starving by the end, and decided to pack up and go get some pizza. It was a fun ending to a great day. On our drive home both Kendle and Morgan zonked out in the back seat and slept all the way home. I was so exhausted I could hardly open my eyes on Sunday morning, but it was a great start to our summer vacation!



8 comments:
Sounds like a great start to the summer. I love the cake you made for Morgan!
I'm so bummed we missed all the fun! Happy Birhday, Mr. Morgan! you sure are a handsome little fella!
Your family picnic looks like so much fun! I am glad your summer is looking like a fun one.
Your summer started off with a bang. How fun to do so many fun activities in one weekend. Love the photos from your family picnic. How fun to go to the Water Park in Hermiston. Oh and I can't believe how much hair you cut off Kendle this weekend. It looked adorable on her yesterday! So much easier to take care I bet! :) Happy Birthday Morgan! I can't believe he's 2!
So far so good. I love the cake and all the happy faces.
Definitely need to get Caleb down to the aquatic center...I am thinking he would LOVE that!
This weekend we were in spokane for a wedding and caleb was being his regular daredevil self in the hotel pool. I think a couple of the aunts and grandmas were getting a little nervous...but we remained unfazed...such is our life!
glad you are seeming to be getting back to your regular outgoing/fun self.
Wow, Morgan is already 2 years old? crazy.
Such adorable children you have.
thanks for your quick babysitting the other day. your kids are super cute and i would have loved to been at your family party too!
Post a Comment