I hate to say it, but I am not a huge fan of birthday parties. Kendle's birthday is coming up in the next two weeks and I have yet to plan anything. I let her have a very big fun party last year that was held somewhere other than our home which was fantastic, but I explained to her that is not something we will do every year. I hate not being able to include everyone, you always feel like you are leaving someone out. If it were up to Kendle she would invite every last person she has ever met in her entire life, she considers everyone her friends.
This year there is a good possibility that we will be with Riley in Seattle for her birthday weekend and thought we could take her and do some fun things while we were there. Then the mom guilt starts in on me and I'm thinking - you know what, the little girl just wants a birthday party. She doesn't care about seeing the Space Needle or whatever else while we're there. So then I'm thinking, ok maybe we'll just have a small little party when we get back. Small meaning four or five little girls? What about the boys she is friends with as well? See, there I go. She really wants a cowgirl and cowboy birthday party. That sounds like something you could have fun with and do a lot of cute things with. I'm just not in party mode right now. Or making a super cool cake mode. Or any kind of mode for that matter.
I know I need to just suck it up and be a super trooper mom for the sake of my child, but really birthdays are just not my thing.
August 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Cowboy, Cowgirl Party?? That sounds super fun. I love the idea. I can help if you need! But I totally understand not feeling like throwing a party. You are pregnant with Twins and that is a party itself! In a different kind of way! Good Luck and seriously, I can help!
my advice. give that little girl the best cow-party that you can cause when those babies get here you feel like a real slacker of a mom.(speaking from experience! :)
Excellent point Natallie!
I'd love to help too! I love making cakes and although I'm not the best, I do it in a heartbeat if you wanted me too. Let me know.
I didn't grow up with getting parties every year and neither will my kids. My opinion is that the birthday party situation these days is out of control!!! So don't feel bad for not wanting to do it. It's not in the handbook of parental things you HAVE to do. If I were you, I'd do something like let her pick a friend or two to take to a movie or something like that...something easy for you but will still make it feel like a special day for her.
Post a Comment