Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




August 10, 2009

Funny Baby Things

















(Very much how I feel lately)


*Today I'm 23 weeks and counting....


Last Friday morning I had a doctor's appointment. I'm pretty much getting in-office ultra sounds or ultra sounds with the radiology department at almost every appointment (every two weeks) from here on out. That is good and bad. Good since I am getting to see the progress my babies are making and being reassured they are ok, but bad because ultra sounds can be very long, especially with twins and also very expensive. We have fantastic insurance, but wow - things will start adding up fairly quickly. My jaw about dropped off my face when I opened our bill for the ultra sound we just had before our trip. Good thing we only have to pay a small portion of that. Whew!

Anywho, at my doctor's appointment on Friday my doctor (we'll call him Dr. S. ) pulled in the ultra sound equipment to do a little looksie and check out these little guys. I told him I was concerned that I was feeling the majority of the babies movements on my right side. I was worried the baby boy on my left side wasn't as active or was having some problems.
*Side note- at my ultra sound two weeks ago one baby was head down and one was breach and they were fitting together like little puzzle pieces.
When the images started coming up on the little screen he let out a little chuckle. Both babies were turned sideways and laying across my stomach instead of up and down. Both of their heads were on my left side and both of their feet were on my right side. Well, I guess that explained all of the movement on that side. I was getting double the kicks over there. In fact they were kicking during the ultra sound. My doctor made the remark of "busy boys already" and I told him he had no idea. :) I guess these little guys are good buddies already and want to stick together.

I sure don't remember feeling this much movement with my other two until later on in my pregnancy, so it definitely plays tricks with my mind a little bit that I am not farther along than I am. And the size of my belly right now doesn't help that either. :) Yesterday during church whenever the organ started playing and we were singing they would start moving around. Not sure if they didn't like my singing or just enjoyed all of the noise. I am thankful I am healthy at this point and not having any troubles. It is scary to see "high risk" written on all of your doctor's reports and think about all of the problems I could be having. I need to cut back on the sugar a little bit, I have been having a little sweet tooth lately and I need to be careful.

*On my to do list this week: Shopping for bigger maternity clothes. I'm already not fitting into things I wore towards the end of my pregnancy with Morgan. Yikes!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

those babies get busier/crazier in your tummy each time. well, it's either that or the fact that our stomachs become the consistency of jello making it easier to feel every little hiccup. i'll go with the first cause it makes me sleep better at night! :) babies really act the same way inside/outside the womb. good thing we get that forewarning of what's to come! :)

Anonymous said...

The boys were busting out some dance moves at church, huh? Awesome. I'm so excited to meet the little fellas!

Julie said...

23 weeks already! Crazy! I love that they were sideways! Too funny! they are already conspiring againest you!. Lets get mom good on this one!

Kris said...

I love that those boys are laying sideways across your stomach. That's so adorable. The maternity clothes shopping is only fun when you actually fit the cute stuff. You look great Sarah. I'm so glad that everything is going so well with this pregnancy!

PRP said...

It's all so exciting! It must feel crazy to feel that much movement but I bet you're loving it.

momtovey said...

Your dad thinks that the doctor needs to meet Morgan so he can have a better understanding of your situation! Ha!