
Today I tackled both bathrooms and gave them a thorough deep cleaning that they were in dire need of. It's one of my least favorite things to do, but it always feels good after it's done and no one's complaining that they can't see themselves in the mirror because of the toothpaste spots anymore (young children brushing their teeth can be quite the adventure).
I washed the bath mats and rugs and decided I'd even throw the shower curtains in the wash too. Then I got to looking at the shower curtain liners that looked like they were needing to be replaced and had seen much better days. I was going to the store and thought I'd just pick some up while I was there. Then I thought - I'll just try throwing them in the washing machine too and see what happens. These particular liners were kind of expensive and pretty heavy duty so I hated to just get new ones. Was I ever happy when I saw that the liners came out perfectly clean and looking brand new. Am I the only person who has never tried this before? For some reason I thought the washing machine would ruin them, but I was so pleasantly surprised. Ladies, these are the things we need to be sharing with one another! Why didn't someone tell me this before! :)
An extra bonus was that a big old black grease smudge (I have the guy who fixed the crack in our soaker tub to thank for that) on my really nice shower curtain from our master bathroom came out too. I was thinking I was going to have to buy a new shower curtain, but I guess that old saying definitely applied to me and my endeavors today:
"It all comes out in the wash."


3 comments:
Thank goodness for washing machines, huh?
Wow, who would've thought that you could wash those shower curtains? I guess that's what I'll be doing sometime soon. Sounds like you got a lot of cleaning done! Hope it stays clean for months! :)
Such a smart idea!! I'm sad though, I just tossed my expensive ones and started buying the cheap-o ikeas. Now I'll have to buy anoher tough one.
Post a Comment