Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




August 27, 2009

One last Hurrah

So I caved in and decided to let Kendle have a friend party after all this year. As my friend Natallie said, once these twins come I won't feel like doing things like this anymore so I better give that little girl the best party I can right now.

Kendle wanted a cowgirl themed party, but since it was kind of last minute planning and I wanted to keep it kind of easy, it was more of a "pretty pink girly cowgirl" party based on what I could find when I was shopping, instead of a barnyard throwdown hoedown like I'm sure she was thinking more of. It was really fun though and all of the girls had a great time. They are a good little group and and I really enjoyed them. I'm so glad Kendle has such good little friends. My good friend Kristen helped me get balloons beforehand and took Morgan for me during the party which was such a huge help, so everything went really, really smoothly.

When the girls first arrived, I had them come sit down at our dining table. I had a pink hat and bandana for each of them. I tied on their bandanas and then they all decorated their cowgirl hats with ribbon, feathers, flowers, and other little things. They LOVED it, and it was really cute to see them each taking their time to make their hat as cool as can be. I guess you could say these hats ended up looking more like "old lady tea party hats" rather than cowgirl hats, but it was still super fun. Here's a picture of all the finished hats:



















Here is a picture of the girls:


















After decorating the hats I had them color and do some little activities and then we played a game where they had to toss a ball into a cowboy hat. I was really impressed with how polite the girls were towards one another. As they were all sitting around the table coloring I asked them if they realized that they were all the only girls in their family. I told them it's neat that they're friends and they can all stick together to get away from the boys. Ha, ha.


The girls were all wanting Kendle to open her presents, so we decided to do that before cake and icecream:



















After opening presents we had cake and icecream. I made her a little pony cake, and I'll just say that I'm kind of a big deal around our house because of it. Kendle was so excited, she almost didn't want me to cut into it. I thought it turned out fairly well:



















I didn't get any pictures of Kendle blowing out her candles because my camera conveniently decided it needed more batteries at this point and of course I couldn't find any.


After cake and icecream the girls watched the new Hannah Montana movie until their parents came to get them. *Side story: Kendle does not like Hannah Montana and when we went to rent the movie, she even let the guy checking us out know that she was no fan of hers. I knew the other little girls would like it however, so I told her to just take one for the team this time. So she probably mentioned to me throughout the day about fifty times that she does not like Hannah Montana. When I had the girls sit down to watch it she mentioned it a few more times. Later on as we were going to pick up Morgan she said to me, "Mom can we watch that movie again later tonight? It's actually pretty good." This is the story of my life with her.


Overall it was a great time and I'm glad I decided to do it.

**Here is the link to the Betty Crocker website where I got the idea and template for the cake. It was really pretty simple. This website is filled with tons of super cute cake ideas and they walk you through step by step how to do it, so even people like me can try it.

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes.aspx/pony-cake


9 comments:

NaDell said...

That looks like a great cowgirl party. Easy and fun and you didn't have to do a treat bag at the end because they all left with a personalized hat. That cake is Adorable, by the way! Good job!

Anonymous said...

good for you sarah! i can see why kendle didn't want you to cut into that cake...so cute. it doesn't take much to have a party, you did just the right amount of creativity and fun. you'll never regret making a special day for someone else. :)

Anonymous said...

ps. i totally want to know how you made that cake!

Kris said...

I loved all the fun things that you did at this party. Sydnee had a great time. I didn't realize that all of these girls are all the only ones in their families. What a fun group. That cake is super cute. Yeah, I too want to know how you made it! Love the picture of all them together. Fun Times. Good Job Sarah! I bet Kendle will remember this for a long time!

Lisa said...

Looks like the girls had so much fun. Your cake is awesome. Don't look at Camryn's simple cupcakes I just posted! Good job, Sarah.

tharker said...

So cute! I love the hats and the adorable horse cake! You are one fun mom, Sarah!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm super impressed with your "cake building skills", Sarah. You rock!

momtovey said...

What a fun bunch of girls! Looks like Kendle had a wonderful time. She is lucky to have so many friends. I loved the cake and knowing you it tasted really good too!!

Julie said...

your such a great mom! The cake looks great and I loved the hat idea!