





This was a very different Christmas for us this year, due in large part to the babies. Usually Riley and I are so excited to get the kids up early, this year Kendle came in at 5:00 after Riley and I had just put the babies back to sleep. We told her to get back in bed and wait a little longer. I hated to put a damper on her excitement, but we were way too tired. I knew they would not be able to stand waiting for very long though so we got the kids up around 6:30 or so while the twins slept on. Stockings were first, and I loved watching Morgan's little face as he pulled things out one by one. The new sunglasses and tie were cool, but when he got to the bottom where the candy was, his eyes got super big and he thought he had struck gold. I think he could have stopped right there and been perfectly content. Little ones are so easy to please. I guess Santa figured the children had been good afterall this year and he left some good gifts for them. It was fun to watch their happy little faces.
As per Dodson family tradition, after opening our gifts, we jumped in the car in our pajamas and raced down to my parents house in Oregon to enjoy the rest of the Christmas festivities. Well, that's how it usually goes. This year it took us a little longer to get there. We enjoyed our stay with them and all of the delicious food and snacks my mom always makes, not to mention all of the help my parents and Tamra were with the babies. The following day my mom treated the kids and I to a movie (The Alvin and the Chipmunks sequel). It was Morgan's first movie and he LOVED it. He was so good and liked all of the music in it.
All in all we had a very Merry Christmas!







4 comments:
cute jammers! tamra has the spirit...just needs to shop the after christmas sales for some light-up rudolph earrings. 5:00? good grief kendle
It sounds like a wonderful Christmas! I love your tradition or racing to your parents in your PJs. How fun!
Sounds like a great one!!! We sure missed you guys. Gosh, those babies are getting big!
I too love the jammies. Looks like a fun Christmas Eve with your siblings and parents. Christmas Morning at 5 a.m. is early. Tyler woke up early too! We told him 7 a.m. My kids loved Alvin too!
Post a Comment