Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




April 15, 2010

How can she be 58?


Today is my mother's birthday. I still think she has the energy and attitude of someone my age. It amazes me all that she can do in a day with a smile on her face. I don't know if I could have made it through this last year without her. She has been such a strength of support and encouragement. She is so much help to me and offers good advice without sounding preachy or overbearing. She loves to have everyone home for visits and misses them when they leave. I could go on and on about how great she is but put simply, to know her is to love her. She brings sunshine wherever she goes.


Happy Birthday Mom!

4 comments:

Kris said...

I think your mom is a Super Lady. I am impressed with her ability to do so much. I love the relationship that you have with her Sarah! Such a strong mother/daughter bond! Happy Birthday Mel!

Anonymous said...

Definitely one of my all-time favorite people! Happy Birthday, Mel!

Anonymous said...

you could of done it sarah, but you'd have a full head of white hair! :) :) awww, i see a bit of you in this picture of your mom...you're a lucky girl w/ even luckier grandkids :)

Julie said...

I agree that she is one awesome lady! You are lucky that she lives so close and is able, and more importantly, she wants to help you guys out. Happy Birthday to one fabulous mom