Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




May 6, 2010

Chalkboard

If you are like me, you get really tired of everyone asking you what's for dinner a million times. I decided to make myself a chalkboard to hang by the kitchen to write our dinner menu on. I had an old picture that had been hanging in our bathroom that I really wasn't that fond of and decided to use that to paint over. (I wish I would have taken some before pictures)




I took the picture apart and painted the frame which was originally black with a bit of gold underlay. I spray painted it an apple green color first and then a coat of white on top of that. Then I distressed it a little bit so all the different colors showed through a bit.

After that I took the glass covering the picture and painted over it with a few coats of chalk board paint I had leftover from another project.

Simple, simple project that didn't cost anything to do and my family loves it as much as I do.


8 comments:

Betsy said...

Very clever. I like it a lot.

PRP said...

Fantastic idea! I may be copying your cleverness very soon...

Anonymous said...

Cool idea. Love it.

hatch said...

That is cute! Promise me one thing though... use it. I have had one in my kitchen and I love to write on it, but on those nights where dinner is something lame I never want to write it on my board. Its like the menu chalkboard is to good for say a dinner of grilled cheese and french fries. All it takes is one lame dinner night and my board is blank for weeks.

hatch said...

That is cute! Promise me one thing though... use it. I have had one in my kitchen and I love to write on it, but on those nights where dinner is something lame I never want to write it on my board. Its like the menu chalkboard is to good for say a dinner of grilled cheese and french fries. All it takes is one lame dinner night and my board is blank for weeks.

tharker said...

BRILLIANT!

Cajsa said...

That's a cute Idea. I'm so tired of my kids and hubby always asking what's for dinner. I just might be making myself one of those. BTW I had to make my blog private...if you want an invite I'll send one to your email.

Sarah said...

Yes Cajsa I do!