May 7, 2010
Keeping It Real At the Moment
Wish I could say I had some great things to write about being a mom with Mother's day approaching, but very little comes to mind at the moment. It's been a rough couple of weeks. Parenting has been down right hard lately and I'm exhausted. I think there was a moment in the shower this morning that I almost fell asleep, but thanks to Kale screaming at me from his walker that was squashed. Nothing is worse than all of your children feeling moody and grumpy and you're feeling down right grumpy right along with them. I hope they understand that as a mom I'm far from perfect, but I still try really hard every day to do the best I can. I know there are good days ahead, it's just that right now there are more hard days than easy days and so that is my hill to climb. {This too shall pass.} It's not that I want these babies and children to hurry and grow up and I can be done with these precious child rearing years; quite the opposite. I just wish that the exhaustion, crankiness, and the overwhelmingness could go live somewhere else for a while or better yet leave forever. I am not a whiny person, in fact it really bothers me to hear people who constantly complain - so now I'm even annoying myself. I draw comfort from the fact that I know my Heavenly Father would not have entrusted me with these children and this situation if he did not think me strong enough and capable enough to see it through. The only positive that comes from feeling defeated, is the strengthened resolve and determination it gives me to have a victory, even if it's just a small fleeting one.

