Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




June 1, 2010

Memorial Weekend

While Riley was coaching a tournament in Seattle over the weekend, I stayed at my parents house along with my brothers and their families that were visiting. It was one big party. It was loud and crazy but fun. We talked, laughed, ate, ate some more, ate some more, .............you get the idea. The kids all ran, jumped, yelled, and played to their hearts content. The kids love staying at grandma and grandpa's. One afternoon we headed to the park and played some baseball. It was so fun and I think my brothers and I enjoyed it more than the kids although I am mighty sore today. My parents have also cleared out a space for their fire pit up in the trees and it feels just like a real camping spot. So one evening we grilled burgers and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows and the kids were in heaven. It was so fun. They made sure to give the kids really long sticks so they would stay far enough away from the fire. That was the only night I took some pictures so here are a few:


{Grandpa T. helping Morgan roast his hot dog}


{Morgan declared it was yummy!}



{My nephews Zack and Caleb}

pg">


{My neice Moira and Zack}



{My brother Rich sharpening the end of the

willow sticks. A boy scout is allows prepared with his pocket knife right?}



{My brother Jeremy manning the grill. The burgers were delicious!}




{Morgan just being himelf.}



What a fun time. We came home all tired out last night! It was a great kick off to summer even if the weather didn't cooperate all that much.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay sarah, if anyone deserved a relaxing, fun,(free of sickness) memorial day, it's you. hope reality was kind to you today.

Anonymous said...

Such a bummer to be home. Glad someone took some pictures. We took ZERO.

I'm missing my little buddies. Are they missing their snuggle time with Aunt Debbie too?

PROUD MOMMY said...

So fun! We might have to miss our annual trip to the family cabin in account of Kearyn (i think it might be more trouble than vacation for me). I am so bummed. I think I might send the boys with my fam though...they would never forgive us if they missed out!