Sometimes Morgan gets pushed aside a bit and can be the child that's always along for the ride. He's a good sport most of the time. So I was excited this week for him to start his first year of preschool and have something that is just for him and to make new friends. He goes two mornings a week from 9-11:30. He has been really excited the last week or so to finally get to go. His teacher is fantastic and really tries hard to reach out to each of the kids and make them feel welcome.

{Can you tell he was excited?!}

{His super scary dinosaur backpack, don't think we'll be getting it confused with anyone else's. Ha.}
Morgan is a little more nervous sometimes about things like this than Kendle was. Kendle wanted me to always just drop her off and leave quickly. Morgan kept asking me if I was going to stay with him. I felt a twinge of momma worry for him until we got there, walked in the front door, and his teacher was there to greet him and he got whisked away to do something fun. After picking him up to go home he had lots to tell me about his day. They read the Rainbow Fish story and painted their own fish. They also had a yummy snack, got to do show and tell, and played outside. He can't wait to go back next week. I can't believe what a big boy he is getting to be!
Another new and exciting development around our house is this:
I know a lot of people can get their babies to hold their bottles a lot earlier, but I was trying to enjoy every last minute of cuddle time I could. To be honest though, it can be really difficult to handle the crying of one baby while you are trying to feed the other. So the day had to come. I let them both get really, really hungry, laid them on a blanket, and without any difficulty this is what happened. To most moms this is not that big of a deal, but let me tell you how much better and easier this makes my life. I can lay them down for a nap together now, they can eat at the same time, they are sleeping better than ever, and on so much of a better and more consistent schedule.
Life is getting better! Yesterday I took Morgan to preschool, came home and fed the twins breakfast and let them play for a bit, put them down for a nap, I got a really good run in on the treadmill without any interruptions, got showered and dressed for the day in a quiet house with no one crying at my feet, got the babies up and dressed to go pick Morgan up and everyone was happy! It was a great thing.



5 comments:
WOW, you really are getting a good routine down for those babies. I love the 2 naps stage. How nice to have a quiet morning while Morgan is gone. I love Morgan's backpack. So awesome. The twins are so cute. Good for you Sarah for getting so much done! I think I know which days of the week are your favorite. T & TH! :)
Hooray! That is so exciting all around. Morgan looks thrilled and the babies look so big. Way to go Sarah!
Love these kinda days. When what you had planned actually happens.
oh yeah...Morgan's backpack is awesome!
Morgan looks so adorable sporting his cute new backpack! I love that big ol' grin he's showing. Preschool is such a fun stage, he's going to have a blast!
Just think of all you can do now that the babies are holding their bottles! Sweet!! Me? I've still got my Eva girl attached (literally) and she cannot for the life of her even figure out how to suck out of a sippy cup. She just naws on it happily...so I guess I can't complain ;)
Morgan is getting so big! Such a cute little guy. And I am THRILLED for you that the babies are holding their own bottles! I always loved it when we were travelling and I could just hand a bottle back to the baby and they could take care of themselves. Ahh...heaven!
Post a Comment