The rainy and overcast weather I woke up to this morning was the perfect
encore to the night I had. I don't know what it is, but our kids always get sick when Riley has to go out of town for work. My night was spent cuddling Kale back to sleep because he was stuffed up and needed some extra loves, and getting up with Morgan as he coughed and hacked his little heart out on his little bed I made on the floor next to me so he wouldn't keep the other kids awake. Those are the type of nights where I am afraid to even close my eyes and get comfortable as I settle back into bed because I know I'll be awakened at any moment and it will just be that much more torturous to once again haul myself out of bed. I called Riley around 11:00 last night to tell him about all of the fun he was missing out on. He tried not to rub it in that he had been treated to a fancy steak dinner by their corporate office and then enjoyed a nice quiet evening catching up with everything on Sports Center and was about to enjoy an uninterrupted night of peaceful sleep.
My morning started off with a bang when I went in to get the twins up and their room was full of the worst stench ever. Ugh......both of them had total blow outs, and so two clothing changes, diaper changes, bedding changes, and baths later we were finally able to get on with our day. I opened the window in their room all the way to air it out with some fresh rainy air and it was better in no time. I put Morgan in a hot steamy shower and he is breathing a little better, ate some pancakes, and is now laying on the couch watching Monsters Inc. for the one millionth time. Don't think I'm going to get a workout in today, but I think I've already burned enough calories to at least count for something. I'm thinking it's going to be a lazy type of day.
September 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
do it sarah. stay in, watch movies and bake something yummy.
Minus the sick kids part, I love a rainy day at home in my sweats. With something yummy to nibble on, of course! Hang in there. Here's to a good night's sleep tonight.
After the scramble of getting your babies cleaned up this morning, I would call it good. You probably burned 1000 calories! ;)
Well, I gues sit's not so rainy anymore...which makes me a bit sad. I even put on my fall boots today in excitement for some fall weather. Oh well, I guess my feet will just sweat, cuz they're cute!
Oh Sarah, I'm so sorry!! Hope tonight is much better for you. Hey, when you do get a work out in, could you do a little extra for me, cause I've eaten A LOT of junk and have no desire right now to even think about exercising. :)
Post a Comment