Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




September 7, 2010

Turning 8, Part 1

Kendle has looked forward to her 8th birthday for quite some time. The months could just not go by fast enough for her. She is the type of girl that has high expectations for things and really gets them built up in her mind. I'm always worried she's going to be disappointed because she sets her sights so high. Well, you only turn 8 once so I was really determined to help make it special for her. We were able to drag it out a bit and really make it last.



The week before her birthday Riley, Morgan, Kendle and I went to Silverwood to spend the day. The kids had so much fun. We spent the first half of the day at the water park portion and Kendle had a blast riding the waves in the wave pool, swimming to her hearts content, and sliding down the super scary high water slides. Morgan enjoyed the kiddie pool and slides, but his favorite was the lazy river ride. After our sixth time down the lazy river I had just sat down to rest on my towel for a bit on the grass when I happened to look up at the really steep water slide that goes almost straight down and just by chance got to watch Kendle and Riley both take their turns down the slide. I about had a heart attack watching them. I hate heights! After we were sufficiently worn out from the water and the sun we took a break for some lunch and to rest a bit. Then we headed back into the park to hit up all the rides. Kendle is a daredevil to her very core. She made Riley go on some rides that even scared him. I couldn't believe some of the rides she went on and didn't even bat an eye or get nervous. She definitely does not get that from me. I took Morgan around to some more tame kiddie rides while they rode the roller coasters. We stayed all night. The kids rode the carousel in the dark and it was so pretty all lit up. Before we left we hopped on the last train ride of the night and it was really fun to head through the woods by the light of the moon and see all of the flashy lights of the rides lit up against the night sky. It was the perfect way to end our time there. As we walked to the car to go home pulling Morgan behind in the wagon, I think Riley and I both agreed that we've never been that tired in our whole lives. (Ha) We were all so sore and tired the next day. It was great to have a day entirely devoted to the kids who had been so patient this summer with our busy schedules. They really deserved it and Kendle said she had the best time ever. As a parent, that is always awesome to hear.


Pictures of our day:

{Morgan enjoying a five dollar ice cream bar that he took about three bites of.}



{Riding the flying elephants. He was thrilled!}


{Isn't Riley a good sport?}




{Getting ready to go up on the "Panic Plunge"}






{See, they do love each other afterall.}




{Kendle was a good sport as well and rode some of the "kiddie" rides with Morgan.}



{Looking a bit tired. I was worried he would fall asleep and slip off.}




{Riding on the train. That was one of their favorite parts.}

{Notice there is not one picture of me. Yes, being the photographer is sometimes a thankless job. Ha.}


I am so glad we took the opportunity to take Kendle and Morgan for a day of fun to kick off Kendle's birthday. We made some great memories together that I'll never forget.




*More coming this week on Kendle's Birthday and Baptism.*


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're right, riley does look tired but i don't think he'll slip off! :)

Nancie said...

I would be mega tired. Did you drive home that night?
The kids won't forget that trip for sure.

tharker said...

Silverwood is so much fun, and what a great way to spend your birthday!!

LOVE the last picture of them in the train!

PROUD MOMMY said...

One time we spent 12+ hrs at Sea World. If Chip hadn't already been carrying Caleb I would have made him carry me across that monster parking lot!

Glad you all had a good time. We can't wait to get back there next summer. Maybe we could all plan a trip together?

Kris said...

You always do a great job making each birthday so special for your kids. What a blast going to silverwood with just the two kids. I love the picture of Riley on the Panic Plunge. Sydnee got home from school yesterday and read all of these blog posts. She loved it. I told her that Kendle will read about her first day of school. Now I just have to update my blog so she can....! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks pretty fun!