Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




December 13, 2010

The Magic of Christmas

I love the age that Morgan is at right now. Three year olds LOVE Christmas. They love everything to do with it. The tree, the treats, Santa, the presents, the snow, Christmas carols, the Christmas lights, Christmas movies...........

It is also a wonderful time of year to get him to be good because Santa and his elves are watching. He was so excited to go see Santa Claus to tell him what he wanted for Christmas (which was a Woody and Buzz Light Year toy.) Every day he asks if it is time for Christmas yet. I can't wait to see his face on Christmas morning.


As my mom pointed out to me, Morgan looks like such a big boy in this picture. He suddenly doesn't look like my tiny little buddy anymore. He is getting so tall and strong. I'm going to miss the excitement he has for everything as he continues to grow older. I wish we all could keep that magic of Christmas we feel at this age.

Kendle has already moved on from believing in Santa, but I'm quick to remind her that only those that believe in Santa receive presents from him under the tree. We had a good little chat the other night as well about how "Santa Claus" isn't  just a matter of believing or not, but that he embodies the spirit of fun and giving at Christmas time and that we can all be "Santa's" to other people during this special holiday time (and that we don't want to ruin the fun for the little ones.) I think she got it. And she still wanted to sit on Santa's lap and tell him what she wanted for Christmas after all.



"Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time."
  ~Laura Ingalls Wilder

1 comment:

tharker said...

I love this! These are such sweet pictures and I love that she still wanted to sit on Santa's lap.

Morgan is looking so grown up these days. He's such a handsome boy!

To see Christmas through a child's eyes is what makes it truly magical. I love it!