Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




February 25, 2011

Not much is new around our place. It's been freezing cold the last few days and when it gets that cold, it just makes me want to throw chores and productivity out the window and instead curl up with a blanket and a book in front of the fireplace. It was 9 degrees this morning when Kendle left for school, it's definitely a hot chocolate type of day. I'm hoping this is one of the last cold fronts before that earthy, rainy spring weather starts making it's way in the door with March. But at least the sun is shining, so I will take that and be happy with it today. I think I got caught up on my vitamin C intake for the year by eating at least half a box of those yummy little cutie oranges and it's making me long for warmer weather.

I've been rearranging furniture and getting some organizing done this week and also enjoying my new vacuum which I can use on our hard floors. Kale absolutely hates the vacuum with a vengeance and pretty much doesn't stop screaming and crying until it's not only shut off, but put back into the closet and out of his sight. Cooper doesn't mind it so much as long as it's not coming in his direction, if it is he will promptly sprint off to a safer location to observe what I'm doing. Morgan hated the vacuum at their age as well and he still covers his ears when it gets too close to him. It is a lot louder on the hard floors than on the carpet, I will admit that. I bought some new area rugs and the kids have been loving them and actually want to spend time in the living room now. I should have got some a long time ago. I also ordered some new curtains and a cool lamp this week which I'm excited to get.

Kendle has her very last basketball game tomorrow. Sad to see the season end because it's been really fun, but it's getting over at a good time just before this next week when things get crazy again with Riley's high school soccer season starting. Now he'll be overlapping club and high school until the end of May or so and then we'll be throwing Kendle's softball into the mix as well later on in the spring. Riley also has a home tournament with his club team this weekend. They are supposed to be playing at 8:00 in the morning tomorrow and I don't even want to imagine how cold and uncomfortable that will be. Those are tough girls -  that's for sure. I feel so bad for them and just hope nobody gets an injury or pulled muscle related to the cold. I don't know who's more dedicated, the girls or the parents who sit out in the cold to watch them.

Kendle was super excited when she came home from school yesterday. She got a new book for the AR points she has earned and it was the next Percy Jackson book she has been waiting to read. Talk about stoked. She's tried to check it out at the library but it's always checked out since it's a popular book I guess. She was one happy reading machine last night. I guess I will have to give in and read them so I can know what she's going on and on about. She's also started reading the Lemony Snicket books and really liking those.

My family has been telling me how deprived they have been that we haven't had any home made cookies or treats in the house all week. (I think they are just spoiled) I should use up the bananas in the freezer and make some banana bread at least I suppose. That's one of Kendle's favorites. I've been craving pumpkin bars, but those can be pretty dangerous as I find it impossible to not want to eat the whole pan. Might have to make it a baking weekend and make some big batches to stock up the freezer with for later. I've also got some new books to review on my book blog and hopefully I can get around to that this weekend as well.

Well, I have had to stop and start writing this post about fifty times to keep the twins from injuring or maiming themselves. They have mastered climbing up on chairs and everything else in this house so it takes constant vigilance to prevent one disaster after another, so that's all for today!

1 comment:

tharker said...

Picturing your boys reactions to the vacuum made me smile. Eva sounds like Cooper. She's fine with it, as long as I don't get too close. Although, sometimes she runs away squealing. I can't tell if it's a happy squeal or not ;)

Kendle will love the rest of the Percy Jackson books. Hannah loved all of them!

Banana Bread sounds yummy! Have fun baking this weekend.