Valentine's Day so far:
*Going to attempt to make these cupcakes.
*Riley mumbling a "happy Valentine's Day" as I rolled out of bed to get Kendle ready for school, but then redeemed himself by getting the babies up for me while I made breakfast.
*Kendle wanting to wear something extra "cute" today and tried on a few different outfits. Then she didn't even complain as I straightened her hair. (I would kill for her hair)
*Riley taking Kendle to school so she wouldn't have to squish all of her valentine's into her backpack. We made some little treat bags, and carrying 29 of them were quite heavy! She loves when dad takes her to school.
*Morgan watching the Wizard of Oz for the first time and sitting completely enthralled without budging, until it got to the part where they had to go through the scary forest to go after the witch.
*Looking at my big sign on my wall that says "There's No Place Like Home" and feeling today more than ever how much I love all five of my Valentine's.
*Having a little chocolate with my breakfast and not feeling one bit guilty about it.
*Planning an extra special dinner for my family.
Happy Valentine's Day!



4 comments:
Those cupcakes look so yummy...calories don't count today, right?
Happy Valentine's Day Sarah!
Your day sounds like it was off to a great start. (and could end very well if those cupcakes are involved ;)
Tyler left his valentine's at home. I'm sad I didn't notice til 5 p.m. Kid came home with a sad face. You are a good mom to do some extra special things for your kids. I want a cupcake....will 1 save til Sat? :) Happy V-Day Friend!
I love your simple but important thoughts and observations, and that you ate chocolate for breakfast and allowed yourself to enjoy it instead of feeling guilty. Life's too short!
Post a Comment