Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




April 5, 2011

Spring Break So Far......

We are on day 2 of our lovely windy and cold spring break. I don't know about anyone else, but spring break makes me tired. Riley has soccer and also couldn't take time off of work all week so we are stuck in Pasco for spring break. I decided yesterday that the only way to keep some of my sanity was to assign the kids jobs and make the morning our "work" time and then have the afternoon be our "fun time" if we get our work done. I just couldn't take the idea of the kids complaining all week that they were bored and there was nothing to do, so I figured this was one way to keep some balance. Yesterday was a great day, so I'm hoping today is just as good. We got the bedrooms cleaned and organized, I went through Cooper and Kale's clothes and sorted out the ones that are too small, and now have another ginormous pile to store in the garage. We went out for some ice cream after the twins woke up from their naps, the kids played with their friends from next door, and my friends Brian and Natallie helped us score a sweet deal on a basketball hoop. Kendle can't wait for Riley to put it together and go shoot some hoops. I was really hoping for some nicer weather so the twins could play outside more. Last Friday was the most gorgeous beautiful day and we had a great time out in the sun. I guess that was the ultimate April Fool's joke though. No more nice weather after that.

Hopefully we can squeeze some more fun things into this week -- some bowling, movies, and park days if there's no wind!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's still plenty of week left for fun! (and beautiful weather) Hopefully Riley can get the bball hoop together soon and that'll free you up a little and make some fun for the older kids. Let us know if Riley wants some help. Brian did ours so they could probably bang it out pretty quick. Even though she may not admit it, I bet kendle is enjoying extra time at home with mom, baby brothers and occasionally, even Morgan!:)

tharker said...

It seems like the days leading up to Spring Break always lure me into thinking we're going to have a beautiful week full of sunshine and lollipops (literally). Sadly, this is our Spring Break weather, year in and year out. Stinks! ;)