I have been dreading this moment with the twins, yet also looking forward to it. Dreading it because I'm potty training two wild and crazy boys at the same time and things can get way out of hand really fast (like when they both have to go potty at the same time). Looking forward to it because we've paid a small mortgage on diapers the last few years and I'm ready for that to come to an end. It's totally for selfish reasons that I'm pushing them to do it right now, but I figure it's a long process anyways so it's better to get on with it.
We've been trying since back before Christmas and they are having good success going when they remember to tell me or when I'm consistent and put them on the potty. The hard part is them communicating to me when they have to go before they are already in the process of having an accident. I decided to go full steam ahead this week and let them start wearing underwear. The last few days have been non-stop action and they've had some accidents here and there, but I'm sticking with the positives and pulling out any kind of bribery I can. I just keep telling myself how nice it will be to not buy diapers any more and it makes me feel like I can persevere and do this. It is such a frustrating process with one child, but with two I feel like it takes absolute CONSTANT VIGILANCE. Can't let my guard down for a second or I'm finding little surprises. I'm hoping by this time next week we will be making more progress. They are loving wearing underwear and cry when I put a diaper on them for bedtime. I hope that is a good sign.
The whole reward system is kind of funny and sad at the same time because sometimes Kale goes potty and gets a cookie and then Cooper cries because he wants one too. Then I have to tell him that he doesn't get one until he goes potty. So then his smart little mind figures out that he'll just get me to take him in the bathroom and he'll act like he needs to go and he'll just go a tiny bit and then race back to the kitchen for a cookie. They are too smart I tell you! I need to stock up on more candy and suckers!
January 25, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I am impressed. I haven't started yet with Colton, but I'm getting anxious to figure out a plan, and just get started. You are doing a great job. Keep up the good work!
Brave, I tell you...Brave. Good luck the next couple of weeks! :)
Post a Comment