Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




April 24, 2008

Conversations with Kendle

~The other day I was blow drying Kendle's hair before school and told her to flip it back so I could brush it out. She didn't quite understand what I wanted her to do, so I told her jokingly, "you know, flip it back like a rock star". She looked me dead in the eye and told me straight up, "I don't want to look like a rock star. They look HIDEOUS!" I could not stop laughing about that all day.

~She also likes to interject these words and phrases into her conversation: "As I was saying...", "besides...", "please do not interrupt me" and "I'll make you deal...". It's like talking to a little miniature adult sometimes. She cracks me up.

~She likes to plan trips and vacations for our family to go on. She'll see a commercial on TV or an add in the paper (she likes to look at the adds for toys mostly) and say "that would be great for our camping trip this summer". (what camping trip?)

I wish I'd have written down all of the funny things Kendle has said over the years.

9 comments:

Nancie said...

so stinkin funny. It would be interesting to be a fly on your wall and listen to her all day!

Lisa said...

Kendle is so funny- and has talked like an adult since I met her 2 years ago! I too wish I had written down more funny things Camryn has said.

Jan said...

That is a fantastic tale of young knowledge. She gets it.
We forget, write it down, we honestly forget. Great reminder.

Kris said...

I know. I so need to write down these funny things. Kendle is like a Teenager at the age of 5. I seriously just love that girl. She's always saying funny things. Speaking of which, we need to get the girls together...!

Marilyn said...

Kendle IS a little adult. I have always loved to talk to her because she is so adorable and smart.

I too, wish I would have written down all those cute things my kids said that I can't remember now.

::lindsay said...

So funny. I need to hang around your girl more. I think it would be a fun time. I love her adult conversations!

Anonymous said...

I love how the mind of a kindergartener works! You've inspired me to post something on my blog about Zack..

PRP said...

I always think that too, that I should be writing down the funny stuff they say but I never do. In the moment, it seems like you'll remember it forever. If only that were true!

tharker said...

I love hearing about the cute things that kids say.

Kendle sounds like such a doll. I love that she is planning your summer camping trip. What, you didn't know you were going camping?