Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




April 17, 2008

When I need to get moving

Music is a big motivator for me. Whenever I'm feeling really low-energy, need to clean the house, or have to work-out, I crank up some tunes or pop in my earphones of my iPod and feel an instant boost. I like lots and lots of different types of music, and you just never know what's going to be playing behind those earphones. Here are some fav's of mine that never fail to push my kick-start button:


A Little Too Late -JoJo Yes, this may seem a little teeny-boperish, but it's so catchy I can't stop singing it


More Than A Feeling - Boston Good old classic rock song, reminds me of my weight training class in high school because the only station our teacher would let us listen to was Eagle 106.5. Maybe that' s how we all got so buff. HA!

Best of You - Foo Fighters I love the Foo Fighters and this song makes me feel like I can run an extra mile or wash 20 more windows.


Don't Stop Believing - Journey No explanation required.


Makes Me Wonder (radio edit) - Maroon 5 Fun, catchy, and good beat. I definitely sing out loud to this one.


Say It Right - Nelly Fertado This song brings out my inner diva. (my husband hates divas by the way, but even he likes this song)


Get Free - The Vines I can get out almost all of my frustrations in a day from singing this song. It's good therapy for me.


Ocean Avenue - Yellowcard I'm not sure why I really like this song so much, but it gives me a good vibe for some reason.


I Can't Get Next To You - The Temptations I like lots of oldies, and love the Temptations. This song is just fun.


Dance Floor Anthem (I Don't Wanna Be In Love) - Good Charlotte This is one of the few Good Charlotte songs I like. It's easy to sing along too and has a good beat.

Sweetness - Jimmy Eat World This song is great to run or work-out to. High intensity.

~What songs get you moving?~

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It is freakin' amazing how similar our music tastes are. I made a couple of CDs recently and Too Little Too Late AND More Than a Feeling were both on it. And I have a whole Foo Fighters CD in tow... my only disagreement with you is Nelly Furtado. I don't know why, but I just can't stand her. Oh, but I do like her one duet with Michael Buble.

Marilyn said...

You and I have very similar tastes in that we both love just about any kind of music.

Music motivates me as well, but it doesn't necessarily have to have a great beat. Just being able to get to work or exercise with some great tunes motivates me to keep going so that I can keep listening. Does that make sense?

Jan said...

Journey all the way Sarah. He rocks my world. Nice list of songs. I really love your blog and your wit. The tribute to your mother was powerful. She is very lucky to have a daughter like you. Sweetie.

Anonymous said...

the morman tabernacle choir baby! kidding... rascal flatts and more r.f.

Mitchellaus Copernicus said...

Hate to admit it Sarah, but XM plays Jojo a lot and I love that song. Makes me want to dance. I love Dance Floor Anthem too. Rock is my thing. The louder and harder and faster the better.

dandee said...

Anything Marilyn puts on a mix cd for me.

Kris said...

I love Journey. I don't know a lot of names of songs or artists. It's so bad. I don't know many of these songs on your list, but if I have heard it, then I know I would like it. Does that make sense?? If I want to get motivated, I really enjoy ROCK. It pumps me up, like "Pump up the Jam." Haha! I like the ones that I can really get a good workout with!

tharker said...

Footloose
Sweet Dreams Are Made of These-Annie Lenox
I Need You Tonight-INXS
And I'm a little ashamed to admit this one...."I Don't Dance" from the HSM2 soundtrack...I KNOW!!!

::lindsay said...

I like all those songs you just mentioned. When it comes to working out or doing something that requires high energy, I must have a fast beat. That's the major requirement