Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




October 14, 2008

16 Months Old

It's hard to believe my little guy is growing up so fast. He is not my little baby anymore, but a big strong toddler. He is quite the sturdy little guy, he can almost knock me over when he runs and gives me a big hug. Lucky for me he loves hugs and kisses and is just so sweet most of the time. He melts my heart with his big green eyes.




















He is such a fun little boy to be around. I think he might be my helpful child that likes to be clean and neat because he loves to get the broom out and "help" me sweep, and anytime he spills something or drops something on the floor he will get a towel and wipe it up. I've also trained him to throw things in the garbage. It is really cute. Morgan loves to take baths and every time I ask him if he wants to take one, he runs to the bathroom door and tries to start taking off his clothes. It cracks me up.


He is a meat and potatoes boy and can put away his fair share of food. His favorite things to eat right now are mashed potatoes, chicken, corn and peas, and he also really likes grapes. He is a good breakfast eater and will scarf down sausage and pancakes. I'm glad he makes it so easy on me, I keep telling Kendle that her little brother is going to be way bigger and stronger because he eats so good.


Morgan is still a boy of few words but occasionally he will say things perfectly loud and clear. I swear the other day he said "I don't know". It was funny because he even used voice inflection.


Right now, I would say one of his favorite things to do is wear other people's shoes around the house. It is hilarious and I will have to post some pictures of that sometime. He will wear my high heels, Kendle's boots, Riley's soccer cleats - anything that he can find and slip his feet into. He's always clomping around.


He likes to "go" and anytime he sees me gathering up my keys and purse he will run to his room and find his shoes and try to put them on. Even if it is just a quick ride in the car, he enjoys being out and about. He'll stand by the front door waving bye-bye to let you know he wants outside.

Possibly the cutest thing ever is when Riley gets home from work and Morgan will run to him to give him a big hug while he's yelling "Dad, Dad!" Those are the moments you wish you could freeze in time for when they are teenagers and won't even say hello to you.

Our home is a much more fun place with this little guy around.


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

little boys are such sweet little helpers. maybe they don't talk much cause they've got so much going around in their busy little minds(and bodies!)

Anonymous said...

He is just one cute little chunky monkey!

dandee said...

Oh, those green eyes! Darling!

Heather said...

i could NOT believe how big he was when you stopped by the hospital. He's so cute.

Jan said...

The cutest little rubber ducky I have ever seen.

PROUD MOMMY said...

Morgan seems so laid back and good natured. I'm praying Drayson is like that because Caleb sure isn't...just the other day I was telling Chip that I was tired of getting "bossed" by a 4 year old! It's Caleb's way or the highway...I bet Kendle isn't anything like that. haha....oh the first born!

Kris said...

Morgan is so cute. I love his cheeks. They are just so squeezeable. Look at Morgan's hair. It's getting long again. I remember when Riley buzzed it awhile back. Ha!

Kris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancie said...

such a cutie. He even looked so when he was miserable with a cold.

PRP said...

Those pictures are awesome!

You do such a nice job of chronicling their ages and stages. I need to be better at that.

tharker said...

I love these pictures Sarah! Morgan is starting to look more like his big sister to me. Your kids are so beautiful!

PDX Toveys said...

I'm thinking a QB here or maybe a WR. He has that look even at 16 months! Hopefully when he's at the age to get into sports (like right now) Riley will still remember how to throw and catch a FOOTBALL! ha
He sure is growing fast.

Uncle Jer